Team loyalties can almost get confusing for players too. Former Rangers captain Ryan Callahan is now playing for Lightning, and former Lightning team captain Marty St. Louis is now on Rangers team. Callahan had his appendix removed this week, but he is back practicing on ice with Lightning team less than 72 hours after his surgery and he is itching to play against Rangers…
@soccerguy315—It’s now up to 9 blown 3-1 leads. And, to rub salt into our collective wounds, they remain (and, given the way the playoffs are structured, are likely to remain indefinitely) the only team in the history of the NHL to have blown a 2-game lead in a 5-game series.
Go Lightning…keep it going!
Well, that’ll end a string of one-goal games…
THAT was an UNBELIEVABLE game!! Blackhawks WIN 3-2 in the 3rd OT!!
There was a disallowed Andrew Shaw head-butt goal.
Duncan Keith with the 49:36 TOI.
Christopher Kamka @ckamka: “Blackhawks won a game in which they had a 109:53 scoring drought within the game. #Hockey”
116:12 was the length of the game!
It ended around 1:15am Chicago time. Oy! (Past my bedtime…but going to bed happy!)
AndrewShaw the best NHL goal that wasn’t. Twitter went nuts.
That took some skill. Both teams will be exhausted tomorrow.
I fell asleep watching it at the kitchen table sometime in the 2nd OT. Missed the header.
There must be a lot of people in Anaheim and in Chicago who are not very productive today.
It will be interesting to see what effect the length of the game has in the next game, especially on Chicago’s defensemen.
Lots of excitement in Toronto today as the Leafs win the Mike Babcock contest. When they didn’t comment yesterday on the reports that Babcock was in contract negotiations all afternoon with the Sabres, I knew that the Leafs were still in it, and they were. A $50 million/ 8 year contract.
I’m so sad.
Can we get Scotty Bowman back?
I’d go to church and pray if I thought it would get us Scotty back lol
romani - I do go to church pretty often, so maybe during our next “prayers of the people” I’ll put in a request FOR the big guy FROM the Big Guy.
C’mon, Scotty, what’s Chicago got that we don’t have (besides a job for your son?)
Well, at least in Anaheim, the game was over a little after 11PM, whereas here, it was after 1AM. I had told myself if the game wasn’t over by the end of the third OT, I was turning the TV off.
When I saw the head-butting goal I thought, I’m watching a hockey game where a soccer game broke out!
And with that, I think it’s time for an afternoon nap.
turned it off after 1OT here on the east coast
Was hoping for a Rangers win, but great game.
Lots of scoring last night’s game Bolts/Rangers. If the nets were just a bit bigger as has been proposed by some…would have ended up with a football type score!
DS just returned from Israel this morning. He woke up yesterday and saw the ANA/CHI game still going. Said it was cool watching live playoff hockey over breakfast.
So I went to the Hawks/Ducks game last night. LOVED the outcome, but could do without the stress! 
At least there will be a game 7. And no overtime. Yay!