<p>I would really appreciate if someone could tell me from their experience which is the cheapest airfare from Continental Europe (excluding Russia, Ukraine and Belarus) to NYC, Boston or Hartford, CT, around the 25th of August. My preffered points of departure are Rome, Bucharest, Budapest, Hamburg, Stuttgart or Berlin but any other place would also be OK. </p>
<p>Try ITA Software at <a href=“http://www.itasoftware.com/[/url]”>http://www.itasoftware.com/</a>. It is NOT a booking agent, but runs software to check every airlines and then gives you the complete list of flights and current prices. I think it basically the program that travel agents use. It is really very good.</p>
<p>Google “student universe” great internet fares for college students. You must have an e-mail account through a college as proof of your student status. My S booked his airfare this way last summer when he studies at Oxford through a UMass program. They also have other travel deals for college students like train tickets , youth hostels etc.</p>
<p>Try travelocity.com If you mark the flexible dates box it will bring up all published fares. By clicking a fare you will get a calendar showing which days the fare is available.</p>
<p>I’ll add my recommendation to the mix: <a href=“http://www.ebookers.com%5B/url%5D”>www.ebookers.com</a> - It’s a UK based site but you can search for any flights. In my experience it gives the cheapest fares from the UK almost without fail (except sometimes STA have a bargain for students), and I ended up booking my flight home from Philly through them once because it was cheaper than all the US based options I can find.</p>
<p>Air Italia sometimes has some cheap flights from Rome, if you can make it to a major European hub like Munich or Frankfurt (Lufthansa), or Amsterdam (Schipol), you’re more likely to get a good deal. Sadly, flights are just not cheap then…especially in the UK, because that’s a holiday weekend. If you’re coming home at winter break…that will push the price up. It you’re staying out there until May…that will ALSO push the price up.</p>
<p>Heh. You’ve reminded me that I need to start looking for flights before too long!</p>
<p>I’d have to ditto the recommendation for Student Universe. We’ve never found any lower fares anywhere. They’re also good for finding last minute deals, too.</p>
<p>Use an airline that has good scheduling in your area, with a frequent flyer program. Stick with the same airline and you will save money in the long run. What about Malev or Czech? I think Malev is now only slightly attached to KLM/Air France and Czech has a good connection to that program with points. We have teachers who now use Malev to NYC via Budapest. They like it and were just talking about it to me.</p>