The College-Bashing Thread

<p>Sure, everyone loves to rave about their favorite university and how absolutely fantastic it is, but what about the schools we visited and disliked, or those that rejected us, and as a result we hold a grudge against them? </p>

<p>This is THE thread to let everyone know what you DIDN'T like about the campus, what you DON'T like about the school's programs, reputation, or anything else about the school for that matter. Not only will this blow off some steam for those of you who suffered recent rejections (it's their loss), but it'll help those of us who might be considering these fine institutions make the right choice.</p>

<p>Duke Basketball. USC Football. xP (I hold nothing against the school's academics though)</p>

<p>haha yeah i had duke going all the way on my bracket. that's definitely gonna count against them when i choose where i want to go :P</p>

<p>UIUC -
I send all my stuff in time and then just a few day before my exams start this counselor sends me a mail that he wants 'attested copies' of my marksheet.
I tell him- They ARE attested. Look on the left corner.
He says- They have been attested then photocopied.
I say- NO, i went to the office myself and got them attested- (its from a black ink pad)
He says- NO i looked at them carefuly and they aren't. I want newly attested ones by the end of the week.
I say- The envelope in which they were sent was sealed by my counselor's signature.
He says- I threw the envelope. so mail them tomorrow.
I say- Okay i'll get reattested copies and send them in a week.
He says- i also want a scan of your postal receipt tomorrow.</p>

<p>So i make a trip to my school even though its closed for me- get them attested from a blue ink pad and speed post them. Then i go to my dad's office scan the postal receipt and mail it to him.</p>

<p>I got accepted and a horrible fin aid package. The thing is -i sent the same attested copies to all the other colleges- none contacted me and i got accepted by 3 others with great packages already.</p>

<p>What an *******!</p>

<p>My safety, UMich, made me send transcripts to them three times, and it took them three emails to answer my question (which, in the end, wasn't addressed properly).</p>

<p>Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Turns out I didn't need to go through all that trouble. Pffft.</p>

<p>My safety, University of Georgia, which only offered me full tuition and not a full ride :(</p>

<p>But there's always Duke...?</p>

<p>Wooster......</p>

<p>i was encouraged the past year and a half to keep up my involvement in the music activities they hold there. i did and just generally kept my grades up and stayed active overall. but nooo....they decide to scr$w me over and wait-list me, especially after all the promising contact and replies i had recieved........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR</p>