The day in the life of being an ill student. Should I go ahead and finish my educational/life goals?

You all me look at me baffled when I ask this question.

A) This is a non-traditional student thread.
B) This is a college website! Not a website for sick students.

  After five years of waiting to complete this goal of mine, August 2016 was the year to finally complete the first half of my bucket list and I did. I've gotten accepted into several colleges. I am currently enrolled at college of my choice.                 I was just a normal high school student with ambitions of making something out of my self and not falling into my parents footsteps. Do not get me wrong, they're some the most intelligent people you'd ever meet, just the smartest when it comes to comprehension and modern times.  My parents didn't fancy the idea of their 17 year old daughter going to college before 

her time.

Recently I got a prognosis of ovarian cancer. I didn't want to make a fuss about it due to status of my diagnoses. It could be and could not. -- To put the icing on the cake, I was notified that my test results came back abnormal. I am not scared honestly, simply because I have went through so much with having morbid depression, major events, etc.. that has really shaped my life. My life's hard, and being ill was just another battle to deal with. The fact that my prognosis stemmed to several major organs, made want to get my goals cleared so that I could just focus on getting better. I didn't want to resent my parents for no helping me. I do not to resent myself for not being able to see my girlfriend one last time. I really do not want to let this depress me more than I already am.

Last week really hit me hard, knowing that this week was the time for me to actually go to the college and prepare for spring semester. I was also going to see my girlfriend before I had to go into treatment and things of that nature. – Sadly, all of that ended up being canceled. I have to go in immediately to see what caused the abnormal test results. This really caused a lot of things to go wrong. This week was the only free week I had. After this, I doubt I’ll make it to school let alone traveling and being ill. – But I am going to get this done. I wanted this every since I was a little kid. Regardless of how I feel I will accomplish my goals. Faith doesn’t help when you’re not helping yourself.

Here’s the question: Should I just go ahead and get my GED and attend college, so that I can get it out the way? And so that I will not miss so many days out of school for being ill.

SORRY FOR THE LENGTH.

How are you doing?

This is confusing on many levels. Were you diagnosed with ovarian CA or did you just have some abnormal lab result that warrants further testing. A prognosis is not a diagnosis. Which do you mean? A prognosis is a medical prediction, not a disease process. How can that spread to ( I assume thats what you mean when you say it “stemmed to”) other organs. You seem perhaps to be confusing several terms. Also, you say that you are currently enrolled in the college of your choice, but you then ask about getting a GED. Unless you are a dual enrolled student, this is inconsistent. Please clarify.

I apologize for me confusing you, at the time I was I extremely upset, now that I reevaluated my post-- I can give you a better explanation.

I had abnormal lab results that required further testing.
After 8 weeks of going back and forth with my misorganized medical team- they’ve came to somewhat of a conclusion. I guess they have.
Within 2 weeks I was back at the doctor’s office with worsening symptoms.
I have an ultrasound tomorrow actually. They think it’s cancer, that is why I said prognosis. My doctor said the symptoms correlated with Ovarian Cancer-- but the cysts are known for false positives.
When I said stemmed to other organs, I was referring to it causing other problems. The cyst has caused my bladder to drop. I have fluid in my abdominal cavity, and it has distended my abdomen.
I’ll get a diagnosis in March.

As for the college thing, I am enrolled as a Early admitted student. I will be completing some pre-reqs for nursing school this summer if all goes according to plan. It’s really difficult when I am dealing with all the heavy weight and my parents are not supporting me at all. – I hope I was more able to explain what’s happening.