The George Washington University or bust

<p>I'm applying ED here and I am so crazy about this school. Any other Wanabe colonials out there? My user name is on the pr stats board under the username GWannabe. Can't type the link or something.</p>

<p>i am also considering applying there. what major do u want to be? poli sci i would assume if your uberly crazy about it</p>

<p>International Affairs. What better location could this school have?</p>

<p>it also depends on how serious you are on certain eras. for example if your goal is to connected and have interns then this is it. i have a friend who currently goes there and tells me 1) if you dad/mom is wealthy you get in (as long as they donate money) and 2) ppl at the univ dress the most expensively than at any other univ in the us</p>

<p>if your emphasis is int'l relations/affairs check out the uberly competitive Woodrow Wilson School of International Affairs at Princeton. also just bc its in dc doesnt mean its the top school for int'l affairs (harvard, yale, univ of michigan, and u berkeley all have excellent programs)</p>

<p>im applying there too...i realllly want to be in DC and i love the scool. The only thing is it costs SO much</p>

<p>I have actually researched it, and it is a great school. Michigan doesn't even have an IA school, so I don't know where you heard that. I got accepted there last week, but as a PS major.</p>

<p>Majors at UM: <a href="http://www.admissions.umich.edu/academics/areasofstudy.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.umich.edu/academics/areasofstudy.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>my apologies i was thinking of poli sci (u of michigan, u berkeley). althou i think berkeley has a int'l relations major</p>

<p>"if you dad/mom is wealthy you get in(as long as they donate money)." </p>

<p>And that makes GW different from all other universities how?? Bush got into Yale didn't he?</p>

<p>btw did you check Princeton's woodrow wilson school of int'l relations</p>

<p>listen hoo i am not refering to aristocratic wealth like bush, kerry, kennedy, etc. they are the priviledged who have a legacy of money (aristocracy if you will)</p>

<p>i mean to say if you parents donate some sums of money and well endowed chances are you could get in. ive heard my friend tell me he know people who rents donate 100K annually and only for that reason they get in. in yale it would take like 30mlln to get accepted if you try and buy your way in. and those who have 30mlln to throw around already have some degree of fame or legacy attached</p>

<p>I have like 0% chance at Princeton. I'll consider UC though. Thanks</p>

<p>says who. i knew a kid from who got in MIT with a 1400 and captain of the drum regiment of the band. no legacy, no fame, nothing.</p>

<p>apply and see</p>

<p>OK, I'll see how my ED application goes, and then see.</p>

<p>best of luck</p>

<p>Any other Gdubya applicants?</p>

<p>I don't see all the hype in GWU... sorry :-p</p>

<p>I'm applying there.</p>

<p>IS GWU better then American for International Relations?</p>

<p>I think so. And Marines, I don't really know what you are talking about. It's always been a great school.</p>