The Many Sides of Me: A Mutliple Essay Approach?

<p>Hmm, I'm looking for some constructive criticism about an idea for my essays.....on the application, you're given quite a few chances to express who you are through various topics. However (at least....to me), it seems like many people stress the largest essay as the most important and defining of them all. But I was thinking, though I'm sure it is entirely possible, I find it hard to convey a persons complete character, drive, ambition, goals, etc. all in one essay about "finding value in the negative". Obviously, some of these traits would be shown, but maybe not all of them.</p>

<p>Basically, my question is this. Can I use one essay ("value in the negative") to convey my characteristics, another ("tell us something you created") to show passion, etc, and the last ("anything else we need to know") to show my ambition? I'm concerned, because I don't want to seem fragmented and scattered, but I'm wondering if this appoach would be the best for MIT to decide if I'm a "match" or not........input?</p>

<p>I don't quite understand your question but I'll take a look at your essay if you want.</p>

<p>ah ok, let me clarify. Basically, there are three or four different "essay" portions on the app, some which are optional, some which are required. Is it ok to break up my personality and traits to explain them in separate essays, or should all essays show the same passion, drive, ambition, etc?</p>

<p>and I would love to get criticism on one of my essays (I've rewritten it a few times...and I'm still not sure if I like it). Should I email you or PM?</p>

<p>i think the optional anything else we need to know essay is only for describing special circumstances that they would otherwise not know about. I dont think its supposed to be another whole essay. Either approach is fine though i think. Try both maybe and see what makes the best essays</p>