<p>:( I guess do one likes my constitution.</p>
<p>That’s not a constitution haha, that’s just a pledge</p>
<p>Well, all well.</p>
<p>I’m in.</p>
<p>But I think we should rank how much we hate rankings. I’ll volunteer to be towards the bottom of the rankings. I hate 'em but not 100% of the time. Maybe 97% or 98%</p>
<p>haha good call bird rock, I’d say I’m 99%</p>
<p>Members</p>
<p>chocobok
early_college
Cuse0507
phanatic
BananaSandwich15
pierre0913
bird rock</p>
<p>Who needs rankings when we have 25th percentile SAT math scores?</p>
<p>rankings are overrated and over-utilized</p>
<p>I’m going to say 98.5%, personally. </p>
<p>Gotta love decimal points. ^.^</p>
<p>I couldn’t give a flying f*** about USNWR rankings. I’m not even “highly considering” anything in the top 15 besides Stanford.
Those ranking are too stats based and completely disregard many if not all aspects of the “result” if you will. For instance, yes, Harvard is and always will be number one, but going to Harvard and getting accustomed to an environment that’s super competitive and academically intense will not prepare you for the real world, because quite frankly, the real world is not composed of millions of people constantly striving to be better than everyone else. Going to a “normal” college simply prepares people for life, and the graduates go off and be successful and every think is peachy dandy.
So I guess what I’m trying to say is that USNWR does a good job rating which colleges are the best colleges for “being colleges,” but not which ones are the best at simulating what life after graduation is going to be like.</p>
<p>And most importantly, just go where you want to go.</p>
<p>So count me in.</p>
<p>Its almost to the point that I do the opposite of the rankings. My parents literally get mad at me for not wanting to look at some of the ivies :)</p>
<p>Members</p>
<p>chocobok
early_college
Cuse0507
phanatic
BananaSandwich15
pierre0913
bird rock
rycole 2009
Shampoo Swallower
sg12</p>
<p>Same here, sg12! My mom kept telling me that I have to apply to at least one Ivy. She’s taken the pressure off me since we went on college visits, but I’m guessing that she’ll bring this up in the fall. <em>sigh</em></p>
<p>phanatic, the ivy league is only an athletic conference that gets hyped up because it happens to include all really good schools.</p>
<p>people who apply to all ivies forget about schools like MIT, Duke, Stanford, Caltech, Northwestern etc…</p>
<p>Top 10 Members in rank order:</p>
<ol>
<li>chocobok</li>
<li>early_college</li>
<li>Cuse0507</li>
<li>phanatic</li>
<li>BananaSandwich15</li>
<li>pierre0913</li>
<li>bird rock</li>
<li>rycole 2009</li>
<li>Shampoo Swallower</li>
<li>sg12</li>
</ol>
<p>lol at the OP going to clemson and making a thread on rankings…lol</p>
<p>BigWeight, I just want Clemson to stop this whole rankings nonsense, if you stop fudging class sizes around (lowering them in the fall and letting them rise in the spring) and whatever else you’re doing and focusing on making the experience better for your undergraduates, recognition will eventually come</p>
<p>When you say rank order, do you mean when we joined? Wouldn’t pierre be 1st then, lol?</p>
<p>No, not based on when people joined. I’m ranking them by a secret methodology akin to that employed by the Gourman Report.</p>
<p>Oh ok! Well 2nd is fine with me, but you aren’t on the list? Lol.</p>