the official: "what are your worries?" post

<p>TO EA applicants: I assume for most of you, your apps have already been sent and now there is nothing else to do, but WAIT. Aside from "getting in." what are other worries you have either about the process or your application?</p>

<p>I'm worried that my essays were all too long.</p>

<p>Also worried b/c my counselor sent everything together in one big envelope- the recs weren't in seperately sealed envelopes or anything.</p>

<p>And I'm worried that not having taken a French SATII will hurt my chances at the SFS.</p>

<p>One last worry- I was planning on writing a cover letter but I completely forgot. :(</p>

<p>I'm worried my application got put out of order by my inept counselor. </p>

<p>I'm worried that my math classes will bring me down in Gtown's admissions-- I've moved a lot, and got set back in math every single time I moved</p>

<p>I'm worried my EC's aren't good or exciting enough</p>

<p>Hey babybird- you have an inept counselor too? Isn't it great? Mine is a really sweet lady, but when it comes to college admissions, she is an absolute, complete and utter AIRHEAD!</p>

<p>Argh.</p>

<p>I'm worried that my application might be incomplete (is there any way to check this?).</p>

<p>I'm worried that my lack of ECs will hurt my chances a lot.</p>

<p>I'm worried that my essay to the College is terrible (because I did it the night before I sent in my application).</p>

<p>:(</p>

<p>lauren-- </p>

<p>oh, definitely. I love him to death, he's a dear, but he simply knows nothing about colleges.</p>

<p>I had told him a million times I was EA'ing to Gtown, and he asked me every single time he saw me what I was up to regarding colleges. In fact, I saw him Thursday (I'd already turned in the app) and he was like "are you applying anywhere early?" ARGH!</p>

<p>Also, the day I turned it in to him, I was like "Please, please don't lose any of it. It's already in order, just keep it like that, no worries." He was like "OK." So I walk out of the counseling center, and then I came back a couple of minutes later because I forgot my bag, and my midyear report is LYING ON THE FLOOR because he DROPPED IT.</p>

<p>I nearly flipped. Luckily I remembered to breathe.</p>

<p>calidan if it makes u feel any better</p>

<p>i STARTED (not finished) my global issue essay just a couple of hours before i mailed it in</p>

<p>yesterday</p>

<p>haha it's out of my hands now and all i can do is laugh about it and help my stressed out friends feel better about their apps.</p>

<p>Kinda funny Calidan.. you know how you said you forgot a cover letter? I wrote mine the morning of (sending it).. I signed it "Hopeful Hoya for the Class of 2009"</p>

<p>Oh man, am I screwed. :P</p>

<p>LOL that's awesome.</p>

<p>PS- only a month and a half left...</p>

<p>uh oh, i didn't write a cover letter on top of my resume...shoot</p>

<p>Oh yeah, my worry: I sent an older version of my resume in. Blech.</p>

<p>what will they do without a cover letter? </p>

<p>oh great... =(</p>

<p>I'm also worried that my applicant file might be too big.</p>

<p>okay time to vent now haha: </p>

<ul>
<li>I sent my application saturday afternoon (yesterday) at 3:30 PM overnight priority</li>
<li>I did not have time to look over my application thoroughly </li>
<li>I started my second essay a couple of hours before I sent it LoL<br></li>
<li>I don't have a cover letter for the resume</li>
<li>Didn't send any AP scores</li>
<li>I put in all this supplemental stuff... newspaper articles about getting on this rose bowl parade court thingy that people back east have probably never heard of ---and i did talk about it in my resume, and in one of my essays...but i didn't write anything separate fully explaining what it is. (judging from the articles u'd think it's some pageant but it's NOT) hopefully my college counselor will do this, because it has put me in a situation where I have to miss lots of school--- </li>
</ul>

<p>i didn't even have time to kiss the envelope haha or pray with it in hand. it's my very first application so i wanted everything to go well</p>

<p>Ummm, what is exactly is a cover letter?</p>

<p>My worries
The three omens of Amanda's Georgetown Rejection:
1) the day I sent my Part I, it would go in the mail box and then I had to jam it in.
2) the night before my interview, I opened up a fortune cookie, and IT HAD NO FORTUNE!!!!
3) my license plate has GW in it...(as in, George Washington University)</p>

<p>paranoid, maybe. but at least I know I am cursed from the start!</p>

<p>in other news, I'm afraid my application got lost in the mail. It is not priority or anything, just the regular mail. I'm afraid it's incomplete. I'm afraid I didn't represent myself well...I'm afraid my Counselor rec will be written in a machine like fashion and I will have thus been punished for not having problems in my high school years (my school has 3000 people and five counselors...I don't even think my counselor knew my name until this year...)</p>

<p>LoL manderz u worry just like me! hahaha</p>

<p>oh no! what a mean fortune cookie!!! an utter abomination</p>

<p>though dont' worry: i'm sure it doesn't mean you are cursed =) i think we just all need to breathe.</p>

<p>Calidan and Pixiedanzer- You guys forgot cover letters too? Shout out to all of us that did! I can't believe I forgot to write one. Argh. Now they won't know GTown is my first choice. :(</p>

<p>Babybird- Wow, your counselor sounds strikingly similar to mine. I swear, my applying to Gtown is going to give this lady an ulcer. She's so used to dealing with the local community college (and pretty much nothing else) that I think my college app. process is going to break her. She has no idea what she's doing!</p>

<p>Oh and I'm also worried that my SFS essay sucked. Even though people who read it said it didn't, I'm not convinced.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if my sending everything together in one big packet really <em>is</em> a problem? I posted about it above (my teacher recs weren't in sealed, seperate envelopes) but now I'm starting to get verrrry nervous that this could be a legit problem. Any thoughts?</p>

<p>lauren, i would personally think it's better that way, so they get everything all at once in an organized pile. </p>

<p>i'm worried that mine's too scattered becuase so many things are separate from each other.</p>

<p>Thanks, Pixiedanzer. I seriously need to chill out a bit. The more I read about other peoples' worries, the more freaked out I get. </p>

<p>:/</p>

<p>same, but then i get comforted at the same time becuase i at least know everyone else is going through the same type of thing.</p>