<p>Sometimes you can buy just a panel, remove the rot panel and replace it. I am assuming it has 3 or 4 vertical panels.</p>
<p>I would as a realtor tell you to if you can’t do that buy a matching CHEAP door.</p>
<p>The problem when you have wood rot is buyers, even women immediately think water or bug issues. They will start looking deeper into your home for every flaw. It will become a nickel and dime issue.</p>
<p>They have no emotional connection to the house, it is a financial aspect and they are counting their pennies when it comes down to the last 2 or 3. </p>
<p>You have an emotional connection because it is not a house, it is a home. It is if they are judging your child. </p>
<p>I tell clients all the time, don’t be busy jumping over the nickels to pick up the pennies.</p>
<p>Financially by not repairing it with a brand new panel or door, anyone who writes a contract will not offer top dollar, and it will get old on the market.</p>
<p>Buying the top garage door will not result in people writing a contract compared to the cheap one. A garage door is a garage door in their mind. </p>
<p>If you can afford to splurge on a 1700 door, I would tell you as an RE. Buy the 1100, and then spend the 600 on the WOW things.</p>
<p>Such as:</p>
<p>Power wash house, deck and sidewalks
Key pad opener
Paint
Updated faucets
New curtains/blinds
New ceiling fan…white with brass is out!
Fresh Linens
Brass/wood floor registers
Solar path lights</p>
<p>Guys look at structure, but they also notice attention to detail. Every buyer wants that new construction home.</p>
<p>Little things matter even floor registers matching light switches are remarked on by buyers.</p>
<p>I would also tell you to ask your RE to do a brokers open house, and have them create questionnaires.</p>
<p>Typical questions include:
Negative aspects
Positive aspects
Pricing properly?
If they would show it?</p>
<p>RE agents are brutal, because let’s be honest they will see your home as their listings competition. I have seen it all from easy fixes (house is dark —turn on the lights) to you are kidding me (odd shape lot - as if the owner can do anything about that!)</p>