<p>Getting nearly hourly emails, texts, calls, etc from youngest D as she counts down to graduation. Poor kids, the stress and pressure! I feel for them/her. Last classes, papers due, wrapping up internships, graduation arrangements, awards banquet, last visits to favorite professors, and if Im honest here, a pub crawl or two…</p>
<p>Anyone else’s kid on this wild roller coaster? Its 18 days and counting!</p>
<p>19 days here. Haven’t heard a peep from D2 since she called Thursday afternoon to fuss about her senior thesis defense Friday morning. Very strange phone call that ended abruptly with “Have to hang up I now because I need to go buy a paste on bra at Target.”</p>
<p>I assume all went well…</p>
<p>I did get a text from her yesterday after I texted I was going to the local balllpark to watch our Triple AAA baseball team play because it was $.50 Hot Dog Night. She texted back to ask how many hot dogs I bought…My friend who went to the game with me suggested we buy the max allowed (6/person or 12 between us) each and ship them to her to make her feel less left out…</p>
<p>I can sense my little Phi Beta Kappa is sad that the party is almost over.
She has said the following to me in the last few weeks-</p>
<p>“no employer will care if I get a X instead of an Z!”
I remember saying that same thing as a senior graduating in a month, grades were about to be pass</p>
<p>A couple of months ago my son learned he was 1 credit short to graduate ! Talk about stress ,as he is all set up for graduate school and signed a lease on an apartment .It all worked out though .</p>
<p>A severe ankle sprain while playing soccer and subsequent ER visit last night: not something my son planned on for the last six weeks of college. Once he can lose the crutches I think he will be less grumpy!</p>
<p>Some days I’m ecstatic because I’m so ready to start the next chapter of my life (grad school in Indiana).</p>
<p>Then I realize how far IN is from CA and that I’m leaving my whole support system and all my best friends are coming back to SSU next year and WAAAAH.</p>
<p>sistersunnie, yes - its hard on them. Mine was last year but still…remember to find time for hugs and congratulations and telling them how proud you are.</p>
<p>kelsmom–that’s very true and I am SO excited! It’s just a scary transition, as I’ve never been further than an hour and a half plane ride away from home.</p>
<p>My D is so ready to be done! Studying for finals, and sectional tournament for her club team this weekend. At least she has the job, which is a major stress for many of her friends.</p>
<p>Last paper done. Four years, just 21, has a masters degree, and a job that pays in the first year only a little less that what mine does on retirement.</p>
<p>jrpar-
Mine sprained his ankle playing tough football a few weekends ago! But the crutches are now gone and the sprint is now off so he will be able to hobble across the stage and in the processionals/recessionals. He has a birthday next week too, so its a mixed time of celebration and sadness.</p>
<p>Gosmom-that was perfect! D has cried through every conversation for a month. It was not the senior thesis stress, finals, etc. but she seems to think end of college=end of life.</p>
<p>She is taking a quick trip to the beach for a few days before graduation and will be heading to law school in the fall. Life goes on.</p>
<p>jym, in the scheme of things it’s a relatively minor inconvenience, but for a kid who is constantly physically active, he doesn’t view it that way! Another visit to the orthopedic guy today and MRI.</p>
<p>At least yours is following up with the DR, jrpar! Mine decided he was doing fine, tossed the crutches and cancelled his follow-up appointment. Grrrr. Well, its his foot/ankle, I guess.</p>
<p>Mine had a meltdown yesterday. Everything must be getting to her. She showed up an hour early for something and it put her over the edge. Then she forgot to pick up her gown. Just completely forgot. Add that to she doesn’t have a formal job offer yet, just a promise and it’s stressful. Her apartment lease is over in a month and we still don’t know where she’ll be going or where she’ll be living. I’ll be glad when this passes.</p>