Theory on the Statuses (Formulated by Quixotic Rick and I)

<p>oh man guys don’t give up!
february person here too T_T, why must they move past us?</p>

<p>i don’t think they’re just gonna move past u guys, cuz u all have higher sat scores than me. i know they have an holistic approach, but i’m just saying</p>

<p>Everyone needs to chill out.
If sounthernbelle is right, the majority of acceptances are still left. That means there is a whole 3800 applicants still to be accepted.
And after now it just dosnt make sense for the statuses to mean ANYTHING. For all we know usc just randomly changes them without the date or time of change having to do ANYTHING with their decsion. There was no theory or linkage. For all we know, there was probably just a random lazy guy at the admission office changing statuses as and when he feels like.
Even tho im dissappointed, my confidence in getting in has not been shaken even a little bit</p>

<p>why doesn’t usc love me? T.T i only want to be loved. is that too much to ask??</p>

<p>I really hope you’re right aj16. I’ve been really down about this whole thing today :/</p>

<p>Yea I’m pretty sure there was never a theory to begin with. Considering how new the system is, they probably didn’t incorporate it very much.</p>

<p>Have faith in yourselves people. If you get in, you get in. If not, it’s not meant to be and they lose an applicant that may have been good, or may have been bad. You will succeed wherever you go if you put the work into it and trust yourself.</p>

<p>so there 3800 applicants still to be accepted?
how many are accepted as spring admits? and this would not be included in the 3800 so there’s actually more right?</p>

<p>ahhh ><</p>

<p>IM NOT GETTING IN AM I?</p>

<p>Your application is being reviewed by the admission committee. We will mail notification of their decision by April 1. If for some reason you don’t receive our written notice, we will be happy to provide the results over the phone beginning April 11th.<br>
Status last updated: 2/24/2008 5:29:24 PM</p>

<p>My school automatically sent out mid year grades, but they never requested them. I’m assuming if they dont ask for them then they don’t care about your application (rejected)</p>

<p>IM NOT GETTING IN AM I?
Your application is being reviewed by the admission committee. We will mail notification of their decision by April 1. If for some reason you don’t receive our written notice, we will be happy to provide the results over the phone beginning April 11th.<br>
Status last updated: 2/24/2008 5:29:24 PM</p>

<p>I would not agree that this means you are getting rejected. I think USC wanted mid-year grades from all students who were not the presidential/trustee scholars. I would not trust the status of I were you, considering all the glitches there have been. Some people get accepted while still in “prelim,” some get accepted with the “midyear request” status, and like me, some people get accepted while on “committee is reviewing,” like you are! So seriously, don’t worry yourself by taking the status too seriously. They have so many applicants, it’s bound to be inconsistent.</p>

<p>My teacher copy and pastes his recs. He just changes the name is all and a few words, but basically, he just copied and pasted.</p>

<p>nickel…maybe im not understanding what u wrote correctly but are u saying u sent in a generic letter of rec ?</p>

<p>Yea…isnt that risky. Wat if the adcom realises that there are two applicants with the exact same Recommendation. Itd probably make the letter void and worthless.</p>

<p>That’s why I didn’t ask him. xD That’s the Calculus teacher. I asked my English and Bio teacher instead. ^_~</p>

<p>Edit: Also, to most people in my class it doesn’t matter. In Texas, you’re admitted into any state school as long as you’re in the top ten percent of your class. SAT scores, recs, ECs, none of that matters. If you’re in the top ten percent, the schools are required to admit you. That’s why the teacher doesn’t care. Most people in my classes don’t apply to private schools since state schools are cheaper and not only that, they’re automatically admitted.</p>

<p>the mid-feb sounds about right (my only low part i my app is gpa)</p>

<p>i’m late-feb. ack.</p>

<p>Just to add one more example (although I’m a special program so it doesn’t really count for anything…) my status was an unchanged prelim from December until March. This Saturday I received my acceptance to Music Industry.</p>

<p>has anyone gotten into a SECOND CHOICE school yet?</p>