Things International Students should bring to College?

<p>Also what would you pack to take to college? Name some things that you thought would be supplied by the college but weren't. And guys, could some one tell me what are flip flops?</p>

<p>From Wikipedia:
"In footwear and fashion, flip-flops (also known as thongs) are a flat, backless, usually rubber sandal consisting of a flat sole held loosely on the foot by a Y-shaped strap that passes between the first (big) and second toes and around either side of the foot."</p>

<p>I don't know what an international student should bring except for money, clothing & a laptop computer (if a language other than english is preferred), and maybe some comfort food. Everything else I'd just buy once you got here because it'd be too expensive to ship.
My college provided nothing except bare furniture in my dorm room. I had to supply my own bed sheets and everything else</p>

<p>Plug converters so that your electronics and electrical appliances can be plugged into US outlets.</p>

<p>If your first language is not English, then books and/or DVDs in your first language. Sometimes you just want to relax with something easy, you know?</p>

<p>If you're going to be in a dorm, I'd suggest looking into the policies regarding appliances. Some places forbid them in dorm rooms; some places make microwaves and so on available. But it's probably a good idea to have at least some food you can eat in your dorm room, and you want to make sure you can at least heat things up if at all possible.</p>

<p>If you have a computer, possibly a printer. Some places only give you a small amount of free printing, and charge more for anything over that than you would pay doing it yourself.</p>