Third-Tier State Sponsered University VS. State Flagship

<p>Many students at my high school that I have talked to plan on attending the third-tier university (Augusta State) with the intent of transferring to UGA or Ga Tech after two years. Because Augusta State is a state-sponsered school, if one attains a respectable GPA at this institution, transfer admittance is essentially inevitable. Moreover, if one could stay at home and attend the local third-tier university and not have to fret about paying exorbitant room and board at UGA, would attending Augusta State for 2 years be worth it? Would a transfer student be at a conspicuous disadvantage in handling the work and finding companions? My gratitude is extended to any who respond or view the thread. Thank you!</p>

<p>If you are a good student and have a financial reason for pursuing this option, it would be worth it. Other than finances, you definitely should go to UGA or GA Tech from the beginning</p>

<p>Pierre0913, we meet again! My only concern was that students that transferred from Augusta State to UGA would not be adequately prepared for the work and thus, struggle. Attending UGA would not be too much of a burden financially, though the additional comfort of free college would be nice. Thank you for the perspective! Do you feel that the academic incompetence of attending Augusta State would supplant the price of room and board at UGA? (this is also potentially-speaking in the future, since I'm only a sophomore, but input is greatly appreciated)</p>

<p>if it's not a burden financially, you'd be much better off at UGA than Augusta State.</p>

<p>Thank you very much for the input! I just have one last question, if that isn't too bothersome. When applying for graduate school, would the graduate school see that one transferred into UGA and look down upon the individual?</p>

<p>I don't think so. It's all about the school where you finish at.</p>

<p>I was not aware of that! Thank you very much!</p>