This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden

I see this notification on posts that were posted weeks ago and have multiple upvotes. They are in no way controversial. Why have they not been cleared and reinstated?

2 Likes

There are no flagged posts which have not been cleared. A post need not be “controversial” to violate ToS.

Such hidden posts remain hidden until auto deleted by the system after 30 days.

1 Like

@skieurope There are a whole bunch of flagged posts on this thread. What are your top takeaways learned from the most recent admissions cycle for rising seniors about to apply? - #71 by ucbalumnus I’ve seen it on other threads as well.

2 Likes

Yes there are. All of which fall into my earlier explanation. S moderator agreed with the flag, so the post remains hidden until auto deleteed.

I’m not a mod, thank goodness, as it’s a lot of thankless work, but I agree 100% that there are flagged posts where I can see zero reason for the flag. The one you linked by @ucbalumnus is a great example. I won’t comment anymore on the subject. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this observation.

6 Likes

It seems to me people are flagging posts they don’t agree with. In my opinion CC will continue to lose good posters. Every time a “controversial” thread is closed CC risks losing posters who have in the past been helping and positive contributors.

5 Likes