Those UGS 302 and UGS 303 courses

<p>Those "signature courses"
Seminars (302) or Large Format Classes (303)</p>

<p>Maybe someone who has already been to freshman orientation this year would know -</p>

<p>Which is it, does everyone have to take a UGS 302, or does everyone have to take either a UGS 302 or 303?</p>

<p>Does this have to be taken your first year at UT?</p>


The Undergraduate Studies Advisory Committee proposes that the Faculty Council approve the following set of changes to the core curriculum course lists currently found in Chapter 1 of the Undergraduate Catalog. These changes are to be implemented in the 2008-2010 Catalog, though only selected degree programs will reference the modified lists until full implementation in 2010. </p>

<p>First-Year Signature Course: Three semester hours completed during the first year in residence. The following courses may be counted:
• UGS 302, 303
• TC 301, 302 (Plan II Honors students only) </p>

<p>Note: The First-Year Signature Course requirement has been adopted only for students enrolled in the School of Architecture, McCombs School of Business, College of Communication, College of Education, Jackson School of Geosciences, College of Liberal Arts, and School of Nursing. Other colleges and schools will adopt this requirement for students entering in 2010 and later.


<p>This is a sign that my teenagers are right and I spend too much time on CollegeConfidential. Asking a question and then answering it myself...</p>

<p>I have no clue what the format or content for the UGS courses are.</p>

<p>But I do know that Plan II courses are small seminars, roughly 20 students each.</p>

<p>Which is it, does everyone have to take a UGS 302, or does everyone have to take either a UGS 302 or 303?</p>

<p>Does this have to be taken your first year at UT?</p>


<p>You can take either one of them. You choose 302 or 303.
And yes, you have to take them in the first year only. They are restricted to freshmen.
And actually, some of the schools that you listed can allow you to not take it. Especially if you're in a dual degree ( like me: arch and engineering ) or have some other special circumstance.</p>

<p>You should talk to an advisor or something.
If you havent already been to orientation then you can find out there from an academic advisor.</p>

<p>Can the UGS courses be counted for the UGS requirement and another requirement or do you have to take a different course to fulfill the other requirement?</p>

<p>When I attended transfer orientation last monday, my advisor told me that the UGS 303 is usually taken by sophmores, juniors, and seniors. While freshman mainly take the UGS 302 courses.</p>

<p>I just figured out that I don't have to take a UGS course b/c the College of Engineering doesn't require it for the 2008-2010 core courses. :D One less class I have to worry about.</p>

<p>FYI, there is a thread for this already (not trying to be mean but there's some more info. out there)</p>

<p>You can take UGS 302 or 303. 302 has smaller classes (20 or so students) while 303 have huge classes. Basically, pick something that sparks an interest or find an easy professor. Don't take something like Math and Applications if you are weak at math as well as avoid any Astronomy-based UGS class, heck avoid Astronomy period.</p>

<p>UGS = Easy A well, for 99% of people anyways ;)</p>

<p>What's this ''Thinking About Thinking" course thats being offered about? I'm signed up for it AUTOMATICALLY because I'm a part of TIP. </p>

<p>I'm kind of unhappy about it but at least its just for one semester...</p>