To all UCLA Students:

<p>Hi, my name is Boon and I'm from Bangkok. Currently, I'm going to be a junior in my high school (which follows Californian curriculumn). This comming year I've been elected to be one of the student government's officer, and I'm thinking of joining AP for economics and honors for English and Physic. I'd like to know what are some requirements for UCLA, and hopefully, I'd like to know about how to register (as international student), and what are special requirements (Including prefered unweight GPA, Core Courses, and extra-curricular activities.) Next year I'm planning to join my school's AP program (which they have very less selections, through.) May I know if all those are enough for my application or not. Please let me know and I'd really appreciate your helps a lot. Thank you & hope for ur success in college studies.</p>

<p>Hi...Boon. Typically on the Internet we don't use our real names, unless that's an alias. I'm going to be a second year student at UCLA, so let's see if I can help you out.</p>

<p>For starters, I think this website will help you answer most of your questions: Prospective</a> Students - UCLA Undergraduate Admissions and this one especially for international applicants: International</a> Students - UCLA Undergraduate Admissions</p>

<p>UCLA, like all University of California schools, look for leaders in their students. On top of being at the top of their class (typically top 10%), they want their students to have done work in their community that demonstrates leadership. Such things include team sports captain, community service coordinator/supervisor, merit scholar programs, etc. These are common ways to show the leadership attribute in an applicant, but there are many more creative ways to do so. Essentially, the admissions department wants to see something that make you, the individual, stand out from the tens of thousands of applicants they get every year.</p>

<p>I'm not an international student, so I cannot speak for certainty regarding the admissions policies for such applicants, but I know that Californian applicants would not be penalized if they do not enroll in all the AP classes. Apparently UCLA has a way of knowing how many AP and honors classes your school offers and will judge you based on how many classes you took out of your school's choices. Succinctly put, they want to see applicants try to take all the AP and honors classes that is available to them.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>