To be a Story Artist (Storyboard Artist), what major should I study?

<p>To become a story artist/storyboard artist, which major is best to study? Film? Animation???</p>

<p>This is a quote from a website I found:
“A storyboard artist has to have a good ability to convert verbal information into physical drawings. Some drawings are made during the meetings and then more detailed full drawings are made later on in the artists office. Most drawings are pencil or ink sketches but some are full-color drawings designed to show the directors preferences for colors, patterns or even backgrounds.”</p>

<p>Thanks!
dai</p>

<p>Hi Daiaenna,
My daughter is a student at Ringling, so I can only speak to those programs. In my opinion, you could major in Illustration, Computer Animation, or Motion Design (and maybe even Game Art & Design) to prepare for a career as a storyboard artist. Read the descriptions of each of the majors as they each have a different focus, but all will teach you drawing skills. Good luck!</p>