<p>I don’t believe this is similar to any other questions which have been answered here, though there may be some carry over.</p>
<p>This past weekend, I was on a campus interview/recruitment which went great. Though they didnt officially offer me (and I know you cant assume til you have it in your hand), the admissions chair said everyone was impressed and that I could expect a letter later this week. </p>
<p>Using this information, I decided to approach my coach (football) and discuss my situation. He is very supportive of people as long as they truly back their decision. I had another year of eligibility left to play, but told him I was ready to further my education and pursue my future. He was disappointed, but understanding if that makes sense.</p>
<p>If it all plays out that I DONT get into that school, I still feel I am ready to be done with football and continue on a different path.</p>
<p>It was tough, but I’m happy with my decision.</p>