Toxic Masculinity--HS Boys Rank the Looks of Their Female Classmates...The Girls Fought Back

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Teen-boys-rated-their-female-classmates-based-on-13718500.php

Young women, standing up for themselves, starting a conversation…Good for them!!

I’m so proud of these young folks for helping to change their culture and say people are NOT objects for grading. It’s also great that they will be talking to kids in the younger grades before they graduate in two months.

I am so excited for gen z. They’re going to put millenials to shame in changing the world and I for one cannot wait.

I feel like Gen Z is hearing what everyone else has been saying for years but they’re going to make us live it, too.

I agree. My students this year are amazingly aware of what’s going on and are all about change.

My D is passionate and very well read on these types of subjects, including politics. I hope their passion translates into change.

I think that the school should also use this as a lesson in the power of speech. As much as the girls wanted punishment for the boys for their speech ( a highly problematic solution that may be unconstitutional) the girls were successful by using their speech to impress on the boys the immorality of what they were doing and why it was so harmful. More speech rather than restricting speech ruled the day. Such an important lesson.