<p>Has anyone else lol’ed over the Venza commercials? There are at least two. They are narrated by the young adult, with comments about the boring lives of their parents. In one a son thinks his boring folks are already in bed asleep when they are out on the town with another couple. In another the daughter laments that her folks only have a few friends on facebook as she surfs the net home alone, while her patents are out mountain biking with friends. They are worth a look on YouTube.</p>
<p>Yep! I saw the facebook one last night. Very funny.</p>
<p>Very cute, and I so hope true about me and H one day. I typed in Toyota Venza 2011 commercial to find them. The ones I found are named Commute, Social Media, Missing Them and Cross Country. Thanks for the lead!</p>
<p>I am definitely buying that car next!</p>
<p>Thanks for the headsup-- great commercials.</p>
<p>Does anyone own one of these? They look like a nice car.</p>
<p>I guess I didn’t get it. At all. I will have to try to watch them more closely. H & I wondered why the facebook one was supposed to make us want to buy that car.</p>
<p>Toyota is on a roll with this dynamic!
I loved the Toyota Highlander commercials, too.</p>
<p>Anyone have Venza? How do you like it??</p>
<p>srystress, the facebook one is basically the girl at home talking about how cool she is cause she has a million facebook friends and that her parents only have 19 or so… so she’s sitting there thinking how uncool they are while theyre out with their real friends biking and up in the mountains with their car. they’re showing it offroad and how versitle it is with storing the bikes on the roof. That was the point of it. She thinks being on facebook is living but to them their car is living.</p>
<p>OMG, DH and I just watched. The Social Media one is priceless. :)</p>
<p>When Mr RX kicks the bucket, Venza, which has Camry platform, will be on our short list of cars to look at (for now, I’m keeping fingers crossed that Mr RX keeps on going and going).</p>
<p>facebook/computer life is not = real life and real friends. That was the point. They were out meeting live friends to do real fun things outside (biking). She was sitting inside alone with online freinds–looked pathetic. The car was really just incidental to the joke but it gets you where you want to be…</p>
<p>Targeting the ‘KIDS R GROWING UP N GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE’ segment of parents/families… on the verge of mid life crisis or give me my life back!</p>
<p>So funny…</p>
<p>On a side note,
I was surprised to see that Toyota is investing (in commercials, in a new version) in this model. I had heard that a ridiculously low number of Venzas (800?) has sold…
Maybe they concluded that it was a case of poor marketing. Or this is just a way to try to recoup the investment in the model…</p>
<p>Cute commercial. A friend recently asked me to check this car out for her. I think the NHSTA tests are one of Venza’s problems. It got an abysmal “2” out of “5” score for front seat passenger frontal crash ( but a good on all the iihs.org ). I also think it’s name is way too easily confused with Nissan Versa, which is a subcompact with the worst safety profile of any new car on the road. So I think name recognition is definitely a big factor. On top of that, whether or not there is a basis for concern people are waiting to see what happens as far as parts and service for Japanese cars after the disasters there. Plus, unfairly, I think Toyota is still suffering from the blow to it’s reputation after the alleged brake failures.</p>
<p>The Venza looks alot like the Lexus RX series. Might they be built on the same platform? Both are 4WD.</p>
<p>I think these commercials are bizarre…I don’t get 'em.</p>
<p>The Venza IS a lot like the Lexus RX350 in its body design, but I ruled it out when I was looking (and bought the RX350) because it sits low to the ground like a car instead of higher up like an SUV, and that makes it look odd to me (and, at 5’ 10", I find getting in and out of the higher car more comfortable). I don’t know if it’s considered a crossover like the RX350…maybe it’s an RX350-like body on a Camry chassis?</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Actually, the Versa is a compact or even (barely) a midsize, but it is priced like (or cheaper than) a subcompact.</p>
<p>I don’t think the reason why the Venza’s not selling well is not because it sounds like the Versa - there are quite a lot of Versa’s on the road!</p>
<p>And - the Versa is a subcompact, through and through (definitely NOT a midsize!). The compact of the Nissan line would be the Sentra. The midsize would be the Altima. And the fullsize would be Maxima.</p>
<p>Also - I don’t know about the “worse safety profile of any new car” claim. It would be wise to actually look things up before making such bold factual statements. The Versa (which btw, gets a full redesign for the 2012 MY) only gets 2/5 stars in the NHTSA overall grade, but scores respectably well in the IIHS crash tests. On the otherhand Forbes lists some of what they think are the most unsafe cars: <a href=“http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/20/dangerous-2010-vehicles-lifestyle-vehicles-crash-tests-auto-safety.html[/url]”>http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/20/dangerous-2010-vehicles-lifestyle-vehicles-crash-tests-auto-safety.html</a></p>
<p>I love the commercials! There’s another one, Messages.</p>
<p>The EPA classifies the Versa as a midsize car by interior volume. This is also the case for the Sentra.</p>
<p>If you see a Versa parked next to a typical car that it is usually compared against (Fit, Fiesta, Yaris, Mazda2, Accent, Rio, Aveo), you’d see that it is significantly larger.</p>