Transfer Application/TAG while abroad?

<p>Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I hope there isn't a post for this...</p>

<p>H'ok, so, here's the thing. I'm applying to UCs, (especially UCSD) as a transfer student this coming fall. I used my TAG to apply to UCSD, with 67 units, a 3.6 GPA, and I finished my IGETC as early as last fall (no certification in my hand though; my school is not really on top of things.) I called UCSD, they said they WON'T be telling students in November whether or not they were accepted as TAG, thus no absolute "you're in!" until March with the rest of the decisions, and, of course, I must apply normally.</p>

<p>So here's the rub. I've been offered a job in China, where I used to live, for the spring semester. I'm leaving for sure January first, and if I take the job I won't be home until mid-June. I DON'T want to leave the country until I'm 100% sure that I'm going to be accepted next year, because I'm already a year behind (that story in a minute.) So my question is, what sort of things need to be in order for the UC applications? I know about the update in January, and I can easily do that online, but what are the requirements for the SIR if I were to be accepted?</p>

<p>The reason I'm so skittish is also the reason I'm a year behind. Last spring my CC counselor and I sat down and I was all set to transfer. I applied, and lo and behold, EVERY UC denied me. (Kick in the teeth, right?) Until UCSB sent me a letter saying "You would have been accepted...But you didn't pass the minimum units." Turns out my school miscalculated my classes, so what looked like 62 units was actually 59. My own fault for being so close to the line, but you can see why I don't put much trust in my CC. </p>

<p>So, should I take the job? Or would it be better for me to stay?</p>

<p>Thank you so much for your help!

<p>The UCs have a matrix of “things to do” for transfer applicants at <a href=“[/url]”>;/a&gt;. There is also an accompanying PowerPoint presentation to go with it: <a href=“[/url]”>;/a&gt;.&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thank you so much for replying! :slight_smile: What I can’t seem to find is what a SIR entails. Is there a fee? Do I have to turn in anything physically (As in snail mail and whatnot) or is it all online?</p>

<p>You can submit and pay the SIR fees (it’s $100) online. Even those forms that they make you fill out to determine whether you’re a resident or nonresident will be available online (this is different from the SIR).</p>

<p>Yup, everything is online. If you qualify for an application fee waiver, your SIR fee will be deferred as well.</p>