I am writing on here because I applied as a first year from Northeastern University to transfer to a liberal arts college. It did not go well ( rejections from middlebury- top choice, Williams college, Amherst college) acceptance to brandeis and waitlisted to tufts.
I am disappointed in how this transfer season went and want to try again in the spring and fall.
I want to ask previous transfer applicants what I could do to make myself a better applicant.
Current stats - psychology major
(plan on declaring philosophy double major and thinking about Arabic minor)
HS GPA - 3.39 - private boarding school
- part of and leader of the community service club
- alumni student coordinator
- tutoring and mentor programs
- community service scholarship award
- community award
College gpa - 4.0
- 100+ community service hours Feb- April
- Part of a mentor/ tutoring club
- working on summer research at the university of Pittsburgh
Overall, I want to transfer because the school is too big for me and I feel as though there is no community within the campus. I feel isolated there and want something smaller to really feel connected to my school.