Transfer essays

<p>Hi again, does anyone know how many transfer essays are written by students who are applying to top schools as transfer students? Is it 1 or 2? </p>

<p>Let's say if a school wants at least 2, does it hurt to go over 2 by picking a topic of your own such as "Elaborate an EC" ?</p>

<p>Are you using the common app? Unless they've changed it from when I applied, the main question is "why transfer?" and the secondary essay question is in the individual school's supplement. Those secondary essays tend to be "why school x?" or something along those lines.</p>

<p>Is it unecessary to submit more than 2 then? What would happen if I did it?</p>

<p>I think less is more here. Unlike the freshmen app, there is one question "why transfer?" You can technically attach 2 essays in one document on the common app, but I wouldn't. It makes it look like you can't follow directions, and gives the admissions committee more work. You could mention your extra curriculars in your other essays of course. There is an extra curricular short answer question. You can download the common app here: <a href="https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/DownloadForms.aspx%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/DownloadForms.aspx&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>No, let me rephrase it in a simpler way then. Is it an indirect temptation if an applicant writes more than 2 essays when 2 is enough for them to read?</p>

<p>Just send them what they ask for. If you send more than they want, like college_ruled said, it can make it look like you cant follow directions. Most schools just want the one essay "why are you transfering?" and perhaps another saying "why our school?". They will specify what they need, and deviating from that list could be detrimental to your acceptance.</p>

<p>Make sure you personalize the Why Transfer essay to each school by creating different versions of the Common App.</p>

<p>Remember, adcoms look at transfer applications AFTER reviewing all of the fr applicant pool. I can't imagine they're excited about reading any supplemental information unless it's of incredible quality or importance. Find a way to work within the instructions given for each school, lest you do more harm than good.</p>

<p>Another idea is to include something else that may not be an essay, I sent my resume as well as a brochure and magazine article I was on the cover of/featured in for my school.</p>

<p>I think school newpaper can go under the EC section. There is no reason to why any of us should try to take an advantage of such commitment by being objectively exemplary.</p>

<p>^what ?</p>