<p>okay, I know this is in the “transfer students” area of the forums but it seemed like the most reasonable place to put it.</p>
<p>Okay, currently I am a high school junior/senior with the ability to graduate this year if I wanted to. I am wondering what I should do: graduate high school early and take courses at Arizona State University and apply for transfer, or stay for my senior year of high school despite the lack of competent courses.</p>
<p>General Stats (as of now):
Sat I (700+ in all, 760 math)
Sat II (800 physics, high 700s math II)
Class Rank with Juniors: 1st out of 800ish
Class Rank with Seniors: 9th out of 800ish</p>
<p>Freshman Courses:
- Honors Biology 1-2
- Honors Algebra 3-4
- 3D Modeling and Animation
- Computer Applications (zero hour course)
- Latin 1-2
- Honors Freshman English 1-2
- Advanced PE</p>
<p>Summer: Honors Sophomore English</p>
<p>Sophomore Courses:
- Health (first semester) (zero hour course)
- AP Comp (Bs both semesters)
- Honors Chemistry (B/A)
- Honors Physics 1-2
- Honors Finite Math/Honors Brief Calculus
- Human Anatomy (B)/ Intro to Computer Graphic Design
- AP World History and Geography</p>
<p>Junior Courses:
- Advanced Composition (zero hour)
- Honors Physics 3-4
- AP Calculus BC
- Honors Linear Algebra
- AP US History
- AP Computer Programming 3-4
- AP Chemistry
- Adv Studies (Semiconductor Physics)</p>
<p>Decision Time…</p>
<p>if (grad early) {</p>
<p>test out of normal government and economics (already studying for AP test for both anyways)</p>
<p>college schedule would look something like this (I know this is a bit ridiculous but ive already taken some of these classes through various means):
Semester 1-
Ochem 1 (4)
Physics 1 (4)
Physics 2 (4)
Calc 3 (4)
QPhysics 1 (3)
Eng 101 (3)
Mathematical Methods in Physics 1 (3)
Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures (3)
Bio 340: Fundamentals of Genetics (3)</p>
<p>Semester 2-
Ochem 2 (4)
QPhysics 2 (3)
Eng 102 (3)
Diff EQ (3)
Lin Alg (3)
Mathematical Methods in Physics 2 (3)
Classical Particles, Fields and Matter I (3)
Discrete Mathematical Structures (3)
Physics 3 (4)</p>
<p>I would also do some research in a physics lab most likely (already know some professors up there).</p>
<p>}else{</p>
<p>Summer between Junior/Senior:
- AP Art History
- H. Economics/H. Gov</p>
<p>Senior Schedule:
- Honors Calc 3/Diff EQ
- Honors Organic Chemistry
- AP European History
- AP Latin: Vergil
- AP Environmental Studies
- Honors Computer Programming 5-6
- Adv Studies (Encryption)</p>
<p>}</p>
<p>If the grade was not posted in the schedule… i got an A.
Some other important factors? might include:
*secret level security clearance for internship in encryption as of the summer between sophomore and junior year
*Quizbowl National Qualifier as of December 2011
*AIME Qualifier my sophomore year
*31st place in Arizona State Math Contest as a sophomore (out of ~10000 - i think)
*Will most likely qualify for USAPhO semi-final test and possibly qualify for the camp…
- AP World Score - 4, AP Comp Score - 3, AP Physics C: Mechanics Score - 5
*AP tests taking junior year (all of which practice tests as of now show promise of 5s):
Ap Econ Macro
AP Econ Micro
AP Calc
AP Chem
AP Euro
AP Bio
AP Stats
AP Computer Science A
AP us history
AP Comp (retake)
AP Physics C: E/M
*Ac Dec President junior year (likely again if i stayed for my senior year)
*Comp Science Club founder and president (founded my junior year)
*Eagle Scout (Boy/Cub - Scouts since I was 5)</p>
<p>My goal is to optimize my chances at MIT. Please help! Thanks for your time!</p>