Transfer from Skidmore College

<p>So, heres the breakdown. </p>

<p>I'm a senior in highschool who was just accepted ED to Skidmore for the class of 2016. Although I do like the school, I was basically forced into applying by both of my parents (my mother attended Skidmore back in the day). I really did not have a say in the matter, and didn't really like any other of the schools on my list (which i was also forced into applying to). Skidmore doesn't exactly have a major I'm interested in pursuing (communications and media studies) either. </p>

<p>I am hoping to compile a new list of schools to apply to as a transfer student next year, when hopefully, my mother will have loosened up. so what schools are similar to skidmore, but have a commnications major? </p>

<p>I go to a private school in new york city and no AP courses are offered. My uw gpa is a 3.5, and my SAT's were 2000-- cr: 720 writing: 700 math: 580 ( i'm terrible at SAT math) . Also, because i was applying to skidmore, i didn't take subject tests since they weren't required. am i screwed?</p>

<p>
[quote]
am i screwed?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>It really depends on the schools you want to transfer to, some are transfer friendly and others have lower transfer rates than for fr admissions. But you haven't done yourself any favors in the sense that you will have to: apply again; spend more money to have applications, test scores, etc. sent; write at least 1 more essay; likely have to get college instructor LORs, etc. Not to mention, your fr year should be great, meeting new people, new activities, etc., and instead you will be sitting around thinking about transferring.</p>

<p>What makes you think that the forces that made you apply this year are going to relent next year?</p>

<p>To find out transfer rates, search for a school here:</p>

<p>College</a> Search - Find colleges and universities by major, location, type, more.</p>

<p>Go to Admissions, and scroll down, you will have to do the math.</p>

<p>Syracuse is well known for communications.</p>

<p>Going into college as a freshmen with nascent ideas of transferring is a terrible idea. To be honest with you, once you get it into your head that you want to "transfer," things at your current college inevitably start going a little (or a lot) downhill. You don't feel like studying as hard, you don't feel like going out, answering texts or phone calls. It's really weird, and I don't know how to accurately describe it. I want to transfer out of NYU, but my freshmen year I was set on staying at NYU for 4 years because I came in believing it was my absolute "dream" school and that the world was my oyster. </p>

<p>As my freshmen year ended I made some really good friends, got amazing grades (3.9 ish), and I was a part of multiple groups and clubs. However, over the summer I was loathe to go back to the city because I started questioning how happy I could be at another college. Now, my sophomore year (while academically still good) has not been socially great because I have it stuck in my head that it doesn't matter because i'm leaving next semester. Hope this helps man, and make the best out of Skidmore. Your only chances of transferring "up" are as a junior anyway.</p>

<p>Are your parents actually holding a gun to your head about this? If you truly dislike Skidmore, set up plans for a gap year, and do that instead.</p>