transfer to 4 years universities without a HS diploma

<p>I'm planning to transfer next fall after completing one year of college course work, but the problem is that I don't have a high school diploma. Currently I have an overall GPA of 3.95 at a local CC in WA state. Will the high school diploma be a big problem for me?
I'm 17, live in WA and planning to transfer to UW, WSU, and WWU computer science programs. </p>

<p>Please help, thank you!</p>

<p>What do the college websites say? If the information is not on the website, what have the college admissions offices said when you’ve called them?</p>

<p>The best place to find out this kind of information is the primary source, the university itself.</p>

<p>UCs in California don’t look at HS transcripts. Idk if those interest you or not.</p>

<p>Thank you for the replies. I did contact all the universities that I’m planning to attend and they said high school diploma will not be required. I AM SO HAPPPPYYYYYYYYYY! XD</p>

<p>you could talk to your CC counselors to see if you can count classes towards your high school diploma. If you’ve done the work already I don’t see a reason not to. I didn’t have a high school diploma either, and thats what I did.</p>

<p>Glad to hear it! Those are all great schools and you sound like the kid of student who will take advantage of all that they have to offer.</p>

<p>Why no diploma- home schooled ?</p>

<p>I didn’t recieve my diploma because I am a running start (Enroll college courses while still in HS) and to be honest, I really hate high school. I had no real friend in high school and just hate it so much whenever I go there. I’m an immigrant that came to the US several years ago and the high school system here is so much different than from my home country. Then I spent most of my time focusing on college courses rather than finishing the high school graduation requirements. I like college much better, it’s a place where you can meet people who really want to learn, have goals and be successful.</p>

<p>I’m not short on credits…Just that for the senior project, service learning hours and other requirements - I’ve never started it.</p>

<p>Currently, I am still a senior in high school but I don’t think I would ever want to go back there. I will have one year of college course work completed by the end of this spring quarter. My plan is to drop out from the district and just apply to the universities as a transfer. XD</p>

<p>I have a question though…Is it illegal in the US for not having a HS diploma/GED when you already have a Bachelor?</p>

<p>Why don’t you take the GED or a similar exam? That way you don’t have to worry about legality of not completing high school. I took the California High School Proficiency Exam, which is the legal equivalent of a HS diploma in CA.</p>

<p>If the college accepts you without a HS diploma/GED, then there’s no problem having the UG degree without it.</p>