Transferring in to Georgetown

<p>I'm about to start my sophomore year this fall at Loyola Marymount University (LMU) in Los Angeles. I love the school. It's absolutely beautiful, and has been an absolute blessing. LMU has given me amazing financial aid and so far, I've had great opportunities. I'm in the Honors Program, and am actively involved in service and in various organizations across campus... but something is in the back of my mind that is causing me to wonder about whether or not I should even apply to potentially transfer. I went to visit my mom on the east coast for a bit this summer, and I was captivated. I didn't apply to the east coast out of high school, as I thought I wanted to stay west.. and with LMU being so great, I thought I was set. I don't want to potentially lose the great chances I have at LMU, but somehow GTown is calling to me to apply. So here are my stats... tell me if you have any suggestions on what I should do. Is there a way to apply for fall 2011 (is it not too late to transfer in as a junior), or spring 2011? What are my chances? Is it even worth applying? Thanks.</p>

<p>High school GPA: 3.8 (unweighted) 4.68 (weighted) public school
College GPA after 2 semesters: 3.91
SAT: 2020 (reading and writing scores both over 700)</p>

<p>As I said, I've been involved in many service projects and held multiple leadership positions. I've been on editorial staff of various publications at the university and have had a poem published in an honors academic journal as a freshman. LMU, as I said, is wonderful. So I'm not sure why this is even nagging at me.</p>

<p>But any way... I'm an English major and working to become a high school teacher or professor. I'm looking to get a Ph.D.</p>

<p>The more I think about this, the more it seems ridiculous to transfer, but I still want to know your thoughts! Thanks!</p>

<p>bummmmp
bump</p>

<p>bummmp... ?</p>

<p>Clarify strong points in your essay and then I would say a very good chance of getting in.</p>

<p>Awesome, thanks. I've thought some more and I'm not going to transfer. I think that was just some random feeling I had because I was on the east coast and it was different. After coming back to LMU, I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else for undergrad. Thanks again though!</p>