Transferring, Senior Year

<p>Tell me if I am being unreasonable.</p>

<p>Never mind the name, I'm actually math major.</p>

<p>I have all the required math courses more than fulfilled and I have a 3.68 GPA. Not a stellar number, but decent IMO. I can't graduate until next spring becuase of a required seminar offered only once a year.</p>

<p>Besides the one seminar, I have all next year (summer+2 semesters) free to do undergrad research. I'm really, really excited for this opportunity. </p>

<p>However, I don't feel as comfortable with my colleagues or professors at my current out-of-state school, than I do at my hometown university. If that sounds silly, please just take my word for it. I foresee it as a certain roadblock in working within a research team. </p>

<p>Therefore, I am transferring to where I think I'll be more productive, useful, and energized to do research.</p>

<p>My father told me that eyebrows would be raised and awkward questions asked by graduate admissions if I transfer. But I'm no careerist, somewhat non-competitive, and I'm not really motivated by prestige associated with a school. </p>

<p>Do you think it is reasonable to simply say that I felt more comfortable doing undergrad research at a particular location? Am I being unreasonable? Thx!</p>

<p>Many schools only let you transfer 60 credits....if you transfer as a senior won't you have 90?</p>

<p>Is the seminar a full-year course, or is it just one semester long? If it is only one semester, and you have all of your other credits in line, then talk with your department about arranging to spend a "guest semester" at home-town U. </p>

<p>As for transferring as a Senior, some colleges and universities will transfer up to 90 credits from a 4-year institution. Pick up the phone, call the transfer office at home-town U, and ask. Then talk with the credit evaluation staff and the math department to find out whether or not your math coursework will transfer and as what.</p>