Transportation from Reno airport to South Lake Tahoe

<p>My daughter is attending a wedding in a few months at one of the hotels in South Lake Tahoe. I know there is a shuttle (South Tahoe Express) that goes from the airport to the hotel, but the travel times seems to take 2 hours with all the stops. That isn’t so terrible going from the airport to the hotel, but on the return due to their 10:00am flight, they have to leave the hotel at 5:00am as the next pick up time does not give them enough time :-0 The girls are young, so if they have to leave for the airport at what I think is an ungodly hours, they can do it; I assume they wouldn’t even bother with sleep as the wedding is the night before.</p>

<p>I am afraid a private car or cab with be more money than the girls are willing to spend, and a rental car is too expensive due to their age. Anyone have any idea if one company might be cheaper than another for a private car? I am going to start calling tomorrow with the companies listed on the airport website, but if you know of other companies, please share.</p>

<p>If time permits, they could take the South Tahoe shuttle to Reno the night before leaving and stay at the Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel across the street from RNO. Last shuttle currently leaves South Lake around 10 pm and arrives RNO just before midnight. (Starting July 1, the last shuttle leaves much earlier).</p>

<p>That doesn’t work as the wedding is the night before. Thanks for the suggestion though.</p>