True Love

<p>So do you guys believe in true love? As in do you think it actually exists? Or is it something you just wish for, but just know it doesn't actually exist? And is there technically anything wrong with arranged marriages?</p>

<p>I somewhat believe it. I think it exists. However, I am leaning more towards to thinking it is something I wish for, but it doesn't actually exist.</p>

<p>Arranged marriages actually have lower divorce rates than marriages by choice and divorce can have an immense psychological impact.</p>

<p>i believe in love. have you not ever seen it?
i think everything is wrong with arranged marriages. how are you supposed to force yourself to love someone?</p>

<p>I am a believer. Arranged marriages are just..unfortunate.</p>

<p>I believe that it does exist, though it could just be a compilation of the two components. Then again, if one believes that something does exist, wouldn't that in turn insinuate that it does? </p>

<p>If both individuals want to marry each other, I don't see how an arranged marriage could be perceived negatively.</p>

<p>I believe that it exists. I do not believe in "the one". I believe that you can be fully and completely in love with another person, but I don't believe it's the only person that exists on this Earth that could fill that role. I know it exists because I am in love. Or, something that seems to me to be true love. </p>

<p>Arrange marriages work, but I still think they suck. I could never imagine just being told who to love.</p>

<p><em>sings cher's do you believe in love after love</em></p>

<p>jk.</p>

<p>I believe it exists. But for many that "high" of being in love goes away after sometime.</p>

<p>I think my parents were married through an arranged marriage. That's what I suspect since I never received any answers as to how they met. I don't think arranged marriages are that bad IMO. I know so many people that are cool with it and are happy :)</p>

<p>"But for many that "high" of being in love goes away after sometime." </p>

<p>That's called lust, not love. And it usually lasts about 18 months.</p>

<p>^ really? I never knew that. Thanks for pointing that out :/</p>

<p>So then crushes= lust?</p>

<p>I thought being in love felt like having a crush on someone else for a very, very , very long time lol.</p>

<p>
[quote]
So then crushes= lust?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Yes. </p>

<p>
[quote]
I thought being in love felt like having a crush on someone else for a very, very , very long time lol.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>No. It's not a feeling you can describe until you experience it. Well no, even then you can't describe it.</p>

<p>Okay so I obviously have never been in love. But I can imagine if you ARE in love then you're gonna want to talk to that person all day long for hours & hours, you can't stop thinking about them, want to be around them for as long possible...</p>

<p>honestly that's what I had in mind. But maybe i'm wrong b/c I've never experienced it..yet :/</p>

<p>But I'm 100% sure that I believe in Uncondional Love :) [ take my relationship w/ my mom for an example :) ].</p>

<p>So do you guys believe in true love? yes
As in do you think it actually exists? Or is it something you just wish for, but just know it doesn't actually exist? I like to imagine it exists, but i wouldn't know since i've never been in love in the first place.
And is there technically anything wrong with arranged marriages? Technically? No, lower divorce rates and couples seem happy. But they do seem unfortunate- the last option imo.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Okay so I obviously have never been in love. But I can imagine if you ARE in love then you're gonna want to talk to that person all day long for hours & hours, you can't stop thinking about them, want to be around them for as long possible...

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Yes, that happens in the beginning stages of love, but that is also part of the infatuation period. For example, it is killing me not to be able to be with my fiance (and I haven't seen him in 2 months), but back in the states, if I only see him once a week or talk to him a few times a day, that is fine. We've been together for over 4 years, so eventually it just gets tiring. Doesn't mean I love him any less, it just means I do have a life outside of my boy.</p>

<p>So then I HAVE been in love then??! lmao. (see list above).</p>

<p>^ I haven't a clue what you are trying to say.</p>

<p>topanga and cory knew love, and through them I can hope</p>

<p>I believe in jeevan sathis and moon dates, but that all other love can be similarly deep, just different. But I don't believe in such a strict separation between romantic and platonic love.</p>

<p>^^ I loved them...</p>

<p>^meee tooo</p>

<p>me too!! </p>

<p>Cory + Topanga= epitome of what true love is?</p>

<p>@romani: what I meant was that I've experienced that "first stage" before. So does that mean that ive experienced what love is like? (somewhat).</p>