Trying to change doctors from home to college

<p>I am an incoming college freshman, and I want to change my current primary care physician to one near my college, but I'm under my dad's HMO plan and apparently it doesn't cover any doctors outside a certain range of MY DAD'S zip code. My other option is to just let my college automatically enroll me into SHIP, but I was just wondering if it's for certain impossible to change doctors, or if anyone in my situation has ever found a way out.</p>

<p>Just ask your current doctor for a referral to a doctor near your college.</p>