Trying to get a Financial Aid appeal due to an injury.

I was in a car accident resulting in a lower back injury in December 2014 before my spring semester at UNLV. I didn’t seek medical attention when i first had the accident because there were no symptoms or any signs of injury at first. A couple of weeks later a woke up with an intense pain in my lower back and a sharp pain running down my buttock/right leg. I went to the doctor and had an MRI. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my l5/s1 disc which was pinching a nerve root and a bulging disc in my l4/l5 disc. This injury caused me extremely intense pain in my lower back, right buttock and my right leg and got worse if i sat down for longer than 5 minutes. The only way I could get relief was to lie down. I tried really hard to get through the Spring semester but the pain was just too much to handle. When i was sitting in class it was impossible for me to pay attention or to get engaged in the lecture because I was in too much pain. After about a month I had to drop all 5 of my classes. I then went to physical therapy during the Summer and my condition imroved to where i could sit down for extended periods of time without too much pain. I then decided to go to a community college in the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters to ease myself back into it and now i currently am back at UNLV. I learned that i didn’t qualify for aid because of my low completion rate resulting in those 5 dropped classes. I was wondering if you guys think i could win an appeal based on my story. The only problem is the doctor i went to in 2015 left the practice she worked for and i cant find here anywhere else to get a statement. I would only have my own personal statement/letter plus my mri results as proof. So do you guys think i have a case?

The doctor left the practice? But couldn’t someone else from that practice write a letter stating the facts?

The medical practice and the physical therapy practice both should have records. So should your insurance company if they paid for any of this. If it was paid for by the car insurance company, they have records as well.