Hello everyone, I’m an international student from Central America applying for Tufts ED II, and I wanted to know opinions on how do I look for the admission process:
I’m applying for Political Science
Pretty decent I would say
- GPA: 95/100 (1 C in Music and 4 Bs in English 9th/10th, Physics 10th, Math 9th) No APs (not offered)
- SAT/ACT: Applying test-optional
- Class Rank: Last time I checked I ranked 10/71 which was Top 15% but since the semester just ended I think I could have pulled off the 7/71 ending in Top 10%
Not too crazy but I think quite good considering
- Student Body President (prior to that, grade president and high school secretary)
- National Model UN Simulation 3rd place, only awarded from school (2019)
- Debate Club, Member and Advisor
- Founder of Ecology Club
- Member of a small political activist group
- Science Fair 1st Place Winner (2018)
- Volunteered with a non-profit organization both in assisting with kids and spending time with them and helping as a translator for some workers there
I think the real dealbreaker, if not my stats and ECs, would be that I need a lot of financial aid and I know Tufts is need-aware for international students so there’s that.
So…do you guys think I stand a chance?