Tutorial Section for Chinese Studies???

<p>Hey so I'm an incoming freshman and I'm thinking about taking CHIN10AN (along w/ Math 20 C, Chem 6A, college writing course, and recreational martial arts course). </p>

<p>I understand the Lecture part, but can someone please explain what the "tutorial" section is, which meets MWF ?</p>

<p>Also, does that class schedule sound reasonable? Should I consider adding another class if I think I can handle it? </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Similar to my schedule except I'm an International Studies/Poli Sci major. I'm planning on taking Math10A, MMW11, CHIN10AN, HILD10, a Political Science seminar, and Baguazhang. The reason you have tutorial sessions three times a week is because it's an immersion language class. To learn a language, you need constant exposure, so it has to be the full school week. The tutorial, from what I've heard, focuses on discussion and building oral fluency. I would say you're set with classes. Maybe a seminar?</p>

<p>Tutorial is just another name for a smaller sized class where you get the chance to speak more outside of the normal lecture class, which is probably more grammar based.</p>

<p>Thanks! That helps a lot and makes sense. </p>

<p>Yup, gonna take a seminar too.</p>