TV show tells you who is home

<p>When my kids were younger, I used to joke that I could tell which one of them was home sick from school by what was playing on the TV:</p>

<p>If it was Sportscenter, it was S. (once on vacation, my dad walked thru the beach house living room, saw ESPN on TV, and jokingly asked S, "Does this TV get any other channels?" S grinned, "Just Weather Channel," because Dad was as addicted to Weather Channel as S was to ESPN)</p>

<p>If it was Animal Planet, it was D when she was in middle school.</p>

<p>If it was America's Next Top Model, Made, Parental Control, or any other mind-numbingly dumb and predictable MTV or VH1 reality show, it was D when she was in HS.</p>

<p>Now that we have an empty nest, I realize that the kids could say the same about us:</p>

<p>If its a mind-numblingly dumb and predictable B-grade horror movie on Sci-Fi, it's H. If it's a ski race, its also H.</p>

<p>If its a Big Bang Theory re-run or any Pirates of the Caribbean movie, its me. No matter how many times I've seen them, POC movies never get old. </p>

<p>(If its Dexter (from on-demand) it means D is home from college.)</p>

<p>My BIL said his family complained that he would watch ANYTHING on History channel. He vehemently denied this, until the night he realized they were right - because he was watching a show on the history of toilet paper.</p>

<p>What are the give-away shows/channels that tell you who is home in your house?</p>

<p>NCIS, House, Friends reruns, any preposterous romantic comedy: My D
True Blood, Project Runway, Daily Show, anything on MSNBC: Me
Psych, Castle, any preposterous romantic comedy: Mother-Daughter Bonding Time</p>

<p>My son doesn't really watch tv, but he does love south park or any like comedy.</p>

<p>If it's a chick flick or nick or too cute any kind of animal it's my d, if it's how something is made, outer space, news it h. If it's a silly drama like parenthood or greys anatomy or morning news show, it's me.</p>

<p>
[quote]
My BIL said his family complained that he would watch ANYTHING on History channel. He vehemently denied this, until the night he realized they were right - because he was watching a show on the history of toilet paper.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Bahaha...this is me too and it drives my kids nuts.</p>

<p>Any of the ESPN channels = S
Animal Planet or anything animated means my sister's kids have been there (we live a few houses apart and they regularly "need" to get away for a little bit...usually when sis is on a housecleaning tear).</p>

<p>D1 - Glee, American Idol, DWTS, Dexter
D2 - MSNBC, Grey's Anatomy; was the biggest West Wing fan anywhere
D3 - The Office, Smallville; biggest Arrested Development fan anywhere
Dh - anything golf; whatever those shows about dirty and dangerous jobs are called
Me - Turner Classic Movies, Big Bang Theory</p>

<p>Everyone watches How I Met Your Mother.</p>

<p>USA/bravo? network: both girls....reruns of SVU......H and I rarely, if ever, watch that channel....if it's on when we turn the TV on, they cannot be far away........</p>

<p>Our sick channels are
DS: horrible MTV shows. Most likely the tv would be turned to the PS3 output, with a game in it.
DH: History Channel, Speed Channel, Two and Half Men reruns
Me: Law & Order (any of them), Criminal Minds, Dexter -wow, I am a bit morbid arent I?</p>

<p>D: Scrubs, Mythbusters</p>

<p>S: Basketball (college or pro), ESPN, Modern Marvels, History Channel, Science</p>

<p>H: History Channel, Science, Kitchen Nightmares, Food Network</p>

<p>Me: Jeopardy, Seinfeld, Basketball, The Office</p>

<p>Actually, we all like Seinfeld, The Office, and Jeopardy</p>

<p>H and I actually moved D out of the living room and into her room by watching the old Bob Newhart Show followed by That Girl! She couldn't take it, lol!</p>

<p>Husband: every sports show known to humanity
Daughters 1 and 2: Revenge, Pretty Little Liars, ........alternative TV.......Gossip Girl...Mad Men....</p>

<p>Me: all of the above WITH hgtv (although not as good as it was) </p>

<p>We love tv, movies.....no wonder we have 7 tvs in the house.</p>

<p>If the TV is ON, it's likely D. If it's Hawaii 5-0, it's probably H. Otherwise, we rarely watch much of anything. Not sure why we keep paying the cable bill & one day we may stop. It's only $16/month.</p>

<p>I watch all the fiction (dramas, sit coms, etc.). DH watches all the non-fiction (sports, news, etc.).</p>

<p>For me it's HGTV, or as my husband refers to it, FHGTV.</p>