Tv

<p>Can someone explain how TV works at Northwestern? I was reading somewhere that there is no cable TV in the dorms? Looking for some clarification. Thanks.</p>

<p>Sorry, should have searched first. You get NUTV - but what channels are included in the basic package?</p>

<p>Check out this link for the list of channels:</p>

<p>NUTV</a> in Evanston and Chicago Buildings</p>

<p>all students living in residence halls get the extended channel package at no extra charge.</p>

<p>Is there any way to watch TV actually ON your TV? I am pretty sure the dorms don't have cable in the rooms, but I'm just curious if there is any device? I've been looking into the slingbox, but I believe that only hooks up to your computer. If I bring a TV for videogames and whatnot, I want to find a way to make this work, but I don't think there is.....help?</p>

<p>yea if you buy an lcd screen tv i'm sure you can hook it up to your computer and watch from there. i do have to say the quality really isn't that great...so it might be extremely pixelated on the big screen.</p>

<p>If you wan't to hook up your tv, get a cable that runs from your computer to the screen to use it as a monitor. Any HDTV will have at least a DVI hook up, or an hdmi, and most laptops have some way of hooking that up. You'll need an audio cable too.</p>

<p>So, dopey question from a mom. Most kids watch TV on their computers through NUTV?
Sorry, I'm lost on this one. :(</p>

<p>College kids watch tv? I'm curious about this. We almost never watched tv back when I was in school. We just hung out in each other's rooms and talked and listened to music. Do most kids bring tvs these days?</p>

<p>If you watch TV at NU and aren't in a fraternity or sorority, then yes, you are watching on your computer. Its streamed free over the network. Your kid will figure it out.</p>

<p>As for "Do NU kids watch TV?" that depends. I would say most of us watch one show or another, but frequently it will be a social gathering, sometimes as a "watch party" of new episodes, or such as at my fraternity, watching South Park, Daily Show, or Jeopardy collectively via DVR.</p>