Two laptops for college?

<p>I recently received a computer grant from my university, so I essentially get a free
ThinkPad T410 (Intel 2.93 GHz, 2GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive) but I already own a Macbook Pro (13", 2.26 Intel GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB Hard Drive).</p>

<p>What should I do with either computer? I obviously prefer my mac, but I mostly just use my computer for internet/word (I'm a future Humanities major), so either computer would work fine. </p>

<p>I can't sell the ThinkPad because I have to return it to my school if I decide on transferring (which I might). </p>

<p>One idea I had was use my ThinkPad for all my academic work, figure out some way to block the wireless on it (so I wouldn't be able to go on Facebook during class) and just use it exclusively for University work, while my macbook was my "fun" computer-- but then the idea of having two computers in a dorm room makes me nervous. Ideas?</p>

<p>Yes, great idea. Use your t410 for work and your macbook pro for fun. Keep your macbook pro safe in your room because lots of people love to steal pretty macs. No one wants to steal an ugly black thinkpad. ^__^</p>

<p>The thinkpad can take a beating when you move from class to class over the years.</p>

<p>You already have a laptop that you are happy with. The awarded Thinkpad must be returned to the university if you decide to transfer to another school (a possibility for you).</p>

<p>Why not be gracious and return the Thinkpad to the university. The school can award the Thinkpad to another deserving student.</p>

<p>I have two, but they're both Macs... a 17" MBP & A 13" MB... I travel to class etc, with the smaller MB and leave my 17" in my dorm</p>