typos on UC essay

<p>After I sent my UC application, I realized I made two typos on the 600 word essay. Will this be detrimental or hurt my chances? Can anything be done?</p>

<p>Eh, I realized I made a typo on my activity list for one of my applications. It happens. Unless it really makes the essay harder to understand, I wouldn't worry about it...especially if it's something like a comma.</p>

<p>it's not like they are gonna go "OH NO, THIS APPLICANT FORGOT "E" AFTER THE WORD "GRADE"... THIS STUDENT DOESNT KNOW HOW TO SPELL, LETS NOT ADMIT THIS STUDENT"</p>

<p>minor errors are ok, I guess... not that i DIDNT make any typos in my essay, but I HOPE it's ok, cuz if two typos are enough to fail you, well, I'm screwed for SURE.</p>

<p>btw, i thought UC wanted an essay NO MORE THAN 500 words... is it ok to go over that? just a question, cuz mine is too.</p>

<p>no its 1 600 and 2 200's</p>

<p>They state in the app instructions that it's ok to go a little or under the limit on an individual question , and yes it's 600 not 500 as the limit, and then 200 for two essays</p>

<p>I made two typos in my Yale essay and obsessed about it endlessly. Apparently they saw past it. It is not that serious.</p>