UBS vs Merill Lynch

<p>Ok so my father has an account in UBS and his consultant can help me find an intership in UBS, also one of my child teachers is now working as a consultant in merill lynch and can also get me an internship which way should i go? BTW if they are both consultants how would i get in the investment banking divisions of those banks?</p>

<p>If you want to do investment banking you would have to start off as a analyst for the bank rather than a consultant intern. There are many program from UBS and Goldman Sachs that provide internships for analysts. If you want to do something along the lines of high-frequency trading or higher levels of finance you would have to get a graduate degree in some type of quantitative field(Or even an MBA depending on what you wanna do at the bank).</p>