UC Berkely Acceptance Rate

Hello I’m an international student currently in high school I have 1 year left beside this one , I currently hold a gpa of 3.70 My Avarage grade is 87% I’m currently the third in my class my question is what is my chance of being accepted to UC Berkely

And I forgot to say I’m aiming and working to achieve an SAT score above 1350

I also i have read that if i wasn’t accepted i can go to community colleges for a year get high grades and transfer to uc berkely

Here is some UCB statistical data for 2019 since 2020 data is not yet available. Consider UCB a Reach school and formulate your college list based on this assumption.

Admission Rates for International Applicants:
UC Berkeley: 9.16%

2019 UC capped weighted GPA averages along with 25th-75th percentile range (Overall):
UCB: 4.23 (4.15-4.30)

2019 Data:
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT totals:
UCB: 1340-1540

Regarding community college and transferring. UCB accepts only Junior level transfers (minimum 60 semester/90 quarter units), so unless you have a significant amount of AP or Dual Enrollment credit, you are looking at 2 years minimum at a CC. You will also be full pay at the CC and at UCB, since they offer little to no financial aid to International applicants. Is $65K/year to attend UCB affordable?

This link show UC Transfer GPA by campus and major for additional information: https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/transfers-major

Use https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/ to recalculate your weighted-capped high school GPA for comparison to the above information.

@Abdlrahmankob : And please, don’t ever misspell Berkeley (instead of your Berkely) again in your essay. :wink: I knew, you’re an international student.

As a non-resident, international student like you, community colleges and UCB ($65K/yr) can be both costly as Gumbymom pointed out in Post#3. Take CCSF for example, the tuition fee alone per semester unit is $290 + $46.00 enrollment fee per unit.

CSU is significantly cheaper (@$396 per semester unit for Y2020-21=>$11,880+$18,900=$30,780/yr, incl living expense) very well-known and could be VERY SELECTIVE for certain impacted majors.

And yes, always worth a try. Good luck to your college application (i.e, UCB)!

Of course, CC is cheaper than CSU.

For Post#6: I was referring to some selective CSUs such as Cal Poly-SLO, Cal Poly Pomona, SJSU and SDSU.