University of Texas
University of Michigan
Rice? I know its a major reach</p>

<p>anyone? plz respond.</p>

<p>You're in with the UCs.</p>

<p>You got a very solid chance at USC, Pepperdine, UMich, and UT.</p>

<p>Rice is your reach, try applying early.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks jwblue. I hear its hard to get into UCI, which would be the ideal school for me since I live pretty close by.</p>

<p>Naw, with ur stats, UCI will be nothing! Man, I'm so jealous! How'd u get such high tests scores? </p>

<p>*warning, UCI is a socially-dead school. If you're into hardcore studying and occasional surfing in weekends, then you might consider it. Other than that, there's nothing else to do.</p>

<p>umm lazieeryceboi, i dont know where you got that info, but from what i see, UCI is definitely not a "socially-dead" school. (one of my friends goes there, and i see him every weekend - i've even visited up there a few times.)</p>

<p>haha.. I live in Irvine. My whole family went to UCI. Well, I do admit it's somewhat subjective, but I still think it's pretty boring (mayb cuz I've been living here too long).</p>

<p>lilcrazyguy1:</p>

<p>UCLA/UCB: Match
All other UCs: Safety
USC: Match
Pepperdine: Safe Match
UT: Depends on the campus, (UT-Austin is a Safe Match)
Michigan: Safe Match
Rice: Slight Reach</p>

<p>Thanks guys!! Anymore responses?</p>

<p>You'll totally get into UCI. Dude, nearly anyone who's not half stupid can get into UCI. Its asian heaven too...not ranked very low either (40something). You should probably try for LA or SD too, berk is maybe out of your reach.</p>

<p>if one were to have solid stats, as in gpa, ap's, sat 2's especially, how much will a lack of EC's hurt he/she? assume awesome recommendations given and brilliant personal statements</p>

<p>they dont' look at freshman grades right?</p>

<p>get out of my pot altf4 anyone else?</p>

<p>HUH???...Berkeley is in NO WAY out of his reach with a 1490 and 3.8. The chances at Berkeley are great...he's pretty much getting into any UC.</p>

<p>thanks jw blue!! By the way the 3.8 is a UC Gpa good or bad?
rank is like barely top 10% at my school
3.4=sophmore year
4.8=junior year</p>

<p>anyone else plz................</p>

<p>Is the 3.8 your weighted or unweighted GPA? What are going to major in? If it's your weighted GPA and you're majoring in engineering, I'd say Cal is a slight reach.... the average is 4.34! I'm assuming you're a CA resident too.</p>

<p>Why not aim higher than the UC's ( altho Cal B is certaintly world-renowned ), unless you are locked into the comfort zone of being close to home and the friends you now have ?</p>

<p>3.8 is the UC GPA
my weighted is 4.0
what other schools should i consider
major=business</p>

<p>Were you ELC?-would expect a letter from UCI if you were.</p>

<p>jwblue: berk is def a reach. berk's average GPA is liike a 4.1 or something, SAT/sat2 is good sure but it doesn't count for everything. im thinking the GPA and rank is what's gonna hurt you</p>

<p>I have a 4.54 UC GPA and top 3% (i got ELC) and i'm still not sure if i'll get into berk (my 3rd choice, besides upenn and mit)</p>