Hi. I am
Hi. I am interested in majoring in biochemistry/biomedical engineering. I also have an interest in math, and may do it in some form (major or minor) in university. How do these universities compare in these majors?
I have a 7k scholarship from UCSC (UC Santa Cruz Undergraduate Dean’s Award) and a 10k (international student scholarship) from UA. I was NOT admitted Honors into UMN, or UA (hasn’t yet implemented it for international students, but I’m certain I can get in if they do).
However, money isn’t particularly an issue. What I’m more concerned is the opportunities that come with these scholarships. I heard from some people at Davis that it is very hard to get research opportunities there if you are NOT a scholarship student. Is this true at most of these universities?
Also, how good is the faculty and departments (of the majors I menioned above) at these universities? How does the experience of being a student at each of these universities differ? I kno some of this can be taken from the official websites, but I’d like some personal opinions.
Update: I have been admitted to honors college in UA.