UC to UC transfer

<p>Im trying to transfer out of ucsc to uci or ucd. My major is biology with a 3.15gpa. is there a chance i can get in? I finished my gen chem/lab, calc series, starting on ochem, bio series and completed stats.... Did anyone successfully transfer from uc to uc and can give me some tips/info? I have lots of question, hope i can get some feedback...</p>

<p>1.) I checked the requirements on assist.org for ucd and they have math series 16A/B/C. both B/C says Math II (equivalent to ucsc math11b). is the C multivariable calc? </p>

<p>2.) I take classes at local cc near home during summer. I did well on these classes...do these classes help my gpa? both these courses are uc transferable. </p>

<p>3.) I am having trouble finding the uc reciprocity deadlines for uci/ucd. i emailed admission but have not gotten a response back yet. Do all my GEs from ucsc have to be completed by spring 2012? or can these classes be taken in summer of 2012?</p>

<p>4.) I know bio is a competitive major and my gpa is on the low side. i thought about doing double major in econ and bio. should i apply as an econ major (i have econ pre-reqs done)? what are the chances of going into as an econ major than changing it? i looked in other forums and students said its hard. </p>

<p>5.) For uc personal statement #2: Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?
* can i write about reflecting on a challenge and how i overcame the challenge and how it makes who I am today? </p>

<p>6.) I havent done much extracurricular activities.... will that be a disadvantage? Im in a few clubs but not a significant member. </p>

<p>Sorry for the long post/question. Hope i can get some feedback. Thank You</p>

<p>Im trying to transfer out of ucsc to uci or ucd. My major is biology with a 3.15gpa. is there a chance i can get in? I finished my gen chem/lab, calc series, starting on ochem, bio series and completed stats.... Did anyone successfully transfer from uc to uc and can give me some tips/info? I have lots of question, hope i can get some feedback...</p>

<p>1) There is no way that multivariable calculus is required for biology. </p>

<p>2.) Yes, it helps your GPA.</p>

<p>3.) Your GE's should be completed by Spring 2011, but as long as you can get the GE paper signed at your university by the time you enroll at whatever college you pick, you should be fine.</p>

<p>4.) It would be a disaster to declare as econ. You'd probably only get into UCR. </p>

<p>5.) Your GPA is low. But you'll probably get into UCI or UCSB. Probably not UCSD.</p>

<p>6.) Yes it is a disadvantage, but not nearly as much as your GPA. However miracles do happen. 2 of my friends got into schools they never dreamed of transferring out of UCR. One got into SD with a 3.3 in history, the other got into UCLA with a 3.5 in biology. Just keep your head up, write some good essays, and hope for the best</p>