UCI acceptance to those with higher gpas first?

<p>Is that why some come out before others? Cause I noticed the people who got in today (at least my friends) had higher gpas. Also, did rejections come out also?</p>

<p>I guess so. My kids did not apply to UCI but they got accepted earlier by UCD. UCI promised to put them in Honors program if they applied. I don't think they give early rejections.</p>

<p>I didn't know UCD was already sending out acceptances too? Well congrats to them!</p>

<p>No. In previous years. My kids are in college already.</p>

<p>Oh okay. Did they end up going to UCD? If so, how did they like it?</p>

<p>No. They did not go there. But according to many people UCD has a better campus life than UCI and UCSD.</p>

<p>Yeah, UCSD ( I live in SD and my sister goes there) is supposed to be the most boring UC. It is an extreme commuter school and the campus is just ugly. I applied because it is a great school, but I would go to UCD or UCI over it any day. It is not a great college experience.</p>

<p>OP, my son got into UCI today without amazing GPA and SATI score.</p>

<p>Can I ask what his stats were? Maybe it's just random?</p>

<p>"Most fall quarter freshmen applicants are notified of their status on a rolling basis between February 1 and March 31."</p>

<p>Source: University</a> of California, Irvine - Undergraduate Admissions, continued</p>

<p>Yeah I know, I'm just wondering.</p>

<p>When are the acceptances posted? Daily?</p>

<p>Oh, rolling basis. Today several of my friends got accepted. I would think that it's the people with high GPA and SAT scores first, but it's probably not true.</p>

<p>Ya I am starting not to think so. I know people with higher GPA's than some that have not received anything.</p>

<p>Its a rolling basis, but is it updated daily at 12am?</p>

<p>no idea at all, I wish I get one too. Can't wait anymore. Rolling basis = randomly</p>

<p>^Yes I am curious about that also. Are the updated daily at 12:00 am? And if so, does this apply to Riverside because I did not receive my acceptance letter there yet and its making me real anxious and paranoid.</p>

<p>what about other UC's I wonder???
I heared UCRiverside also has started annoucing but I didn't apply there.</p>

<p>Good luck! What are your stats if I may know?</p>

<p>UCR did start already, I did not apply but they started at 12 am on the first.</p>