UCLA Contact

<p>Hey,
So I applied to both UCI and UCLA. With UCI, I've received tons of emails updating me on the admissions process, and on things of various natures. However, aside from the application received email, I've received nothing from UCLA. Is this normal?</p>

<p>Yes it is normal. My kid applied to the same schools and several more UC's and UCLA was pretty lame connecting with us and giving updates. UCI is an up and coming school and adds a personal touch to be more attractive. UCLA has over 60,000 applicants on a regular basis. So, they are not in the attraction business. My kid got into both schools for engineering, but chose to go to Cal Poly SLO for the hands on program. It was a perfect match for my son.</p>

<p>Thank you for responding. It was a little unnerving at first, but since it's normal, I feel a lot better. Thanks again and I hope school is going well for your son!</p>

<p>Yup. UCLA is pretty hands off. In fact, the school is larger than my home town back East! Just imagine having to process 65,000 applications for admission like they did in 2011. I think that is more than any other school.</p>