UCLA Film School - The Portfolio

<p>I personaly don’t know what to put in my portfolio that would “SUPER AMAZE” or “TRIPLE WOW” these admissioners!! Does anybody have any tips?!? Has anybody gone through this process and got accepted by these schools?!? or has anybody who failed to get into these school, but they know why they were unsuccessful and they know how to improve in order to retry to get in?!? Please I need a lot of advices! I’ve never ever applyed to these schools and programs before!! PLEASE HELP!!</p>

<p>For UCLA, you will be judged on your letters of recommendation and your writing samples, which include personal essays, a critical essay, and a creative writing sample.</p>

<p>Then, 30 transfer students and 30 from within UCLA will be called in for a face-to-face interview. From there, 15 from each group will be admitted.</p>

<p>Bump, I guess.</p>

<p>Anyway, as for your question: worry less about what will amaze the anonymous (well, not really, we know who they are, but you probably haven’t met them yet) readers, and more about what conveys who YOU are and the artistic visions that YOU have. When I put my portfolio together I didn’t care what they thought of it, I just put what I thought best represented my work and my ability. </p>

<p>They’re looking for creativity, ability, and a good personality fit for the program. Good luck!</p>

<p>Does anyone know when they usually call for an interview??? ( i have applied for an Undergraduate Film program at the UCLA)</p>