UCSB Tag question; 29 units prior to Tagging

<p>According to the UCSB Tag agreement:
"Applicants must have completed 30 semester UC transferable units (excluding AP/IB units) prior to TAG submission
and complete the last 30 of 60 semester or more UC-transferable units in residence at a California community college."</p>

<p>Am I okay if I only have 29.00 units when I fill out the tag application or will I automatically get rejected?</p>

<p>Bump. I have 43.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/counselors/files/ETS11_TAGMatrix_rev070111.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/counselors/files/ETS11_TAGMatrix_rev070111.pdf&lt;/a>
Rejected automatically, sorry pal.</p>

<p>Btw, the units are only UC transferable, right?</p>

<p>im pretty sure it is uc transferable units</p>

<p>YUP, uc-trans</p>



<p>29 =/= 30.</p>

<p>You should look at your Fall college schedule and see if there are any UC-Transferrable short-session classes that end before November, like a 1 unit PE class or a Sociology class or something. Fall short term classes at my college finish at the end of October, hopefully short-term classes at your college end around the same date or earlier.</p>

<p>If I were you I would try to add or crash one of these classes and then ask the professor to submit your grade as soon as you turn in the final. Then you'd be free to sign a TAG provided you meet GPA and other requirements.</p>

<p>EDIT: Hmm, the TAG filing period is September 1-30.... that makes it more difficult. Regardless, you should try to find a short term UC transferrable class that ends before September 30th, maybe at another college or online.</p>

<p>^ 4-week class? Trust me, you don't want to commit suicide... I took one last year (anthropology online), and we had 350 pages of reading every week, plus 8 quizzes (2 per week) and 2 papers. It's doable in the summer session. In the fall, well, you will need some power-ranger transforming. I end up dropping the class only after 2 days and add the same class again, this time, a normal semester-length one.</p>

<p>PE most likely will be 16-18 weeks, so it's super hard to find one. Other 0.5 and 1.0 unit classes are generally non-transferable. In your case, I know this is bitter but you should consider applying as a normal applicant and stop worrying about TAG</p>

<p>From UCSD's TAG webpage (<a href="http://www.ucsd.edu/prospective-students/transfers/prep-programs/tag.html%5B/url%5D):"&gt;http://www.ucsd.edu/prospective-students/transfers/prep-programs/tag.html):&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

You must be a California community college student. Do you meet the definition?
- You have been enrolled at one or more CCCs for at least 2 regular terms (excludes summer sessions)
- You have completed at least 30 semester (45 quarter) UC-transferable units at a CCC
- You are attending a CCC as your last college before UC San Diego admission (excludes summer sessions)


<p>I have 29 units from a CCC and 16 units from a private 4-year university (most of which will most likely be UC-transferable). The bullet point above says "30 semester units at a CCC." Does that mean I am ineligible to apply to TAG for UCSD, or any UC for that matter?</p>


<p>all units must be from CC. any thing from a 4 year disqualifies.</p>

<p>Who is not eligible for TAG?</p>

<p>A California community college applicant who:
• has first UC-transferable English composition course in fall 2010;
• has first UC-transferable math course in fall 2010;
• has a degree from a four-year college/university;
• has any coursework from a four-year college/university (exception: coursework completed at a UC in good stand- ing);
• has any coursework from an out-of-state college/univer- sity;
• has any foreign/international coursework;
• has below a 3.0 GPA in UC-transferable coursework by the end of summer 2010.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.admissions.uci.edu/pdf/TAG_brochure_fall2011.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.uci.edu/pdf/TAG_brochure_fall2011.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Damn, 29 must be an unlucky number...</p>

<p>Wait, does that apply to only UCSD or all the other UCs, too?</p>

<p>From UCSB's TAG requirements (<a href="http://www.admissions.ucsb.edu/pdf/UCSB%20Fall%202012-13%20TAG.pdf%5B/url%5D):"&gt;http://www.admissions.ucsb.edu/pdf/UCSB%20Fall%202012-13%20TAG.pdf):&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

Applicants must have completed 30 semester UC transferable units (excluding AP/IB units) prior to TAG submission, and complete the last 30 of 60 semester or more UC-transferable units in residence at a California community college.


<p>It doesn't specify that the 30 semester units must be from a CCC, only that they are UC-transferable, in which case I should have more than 30 units including my non-CCC coursework. Can anyone clarify this?</p>

<p>clear across the board kmz.</p>

<p>It applies to every UC. Sorry, bad day.</p>

<p>lmxao such heartless replies, spark.</p>

<p>I'm just telling the truth (-[ and the truth hurts. :(</p>

<p>@op: Like I said, not having TAG doesn't mean the end of the world. You can still raise your GPA during fall and apply as a normal applicant. Don't lose hope!</p>

<p>Hmm, sorry for being a pain in the butt about this but I just want to be 100% sure before I forget about applying for TAG altogether.</p>

<p>First, @UCkittychen: The information you copied and pasted and the link you posted is specifically for UC Irvine's TAG and I'm already aware that we're not eligible to TAG to UCI if we have any coursework from a 4-year institution. If I am eligible, I plan to TAG to UCSB. But my problem is that, though UCI and UCSD both specify that the required 30 semester units must all be from a CCC, the requirements for UCSB don't specifically state the units must be from a CCC (i.e., I'm thinking as long as the units are UC-transferable, regardless of whether they're from a CCC or not, they count)</p>

<p>I just started my TAG application and the main reason why I'm confused is the following: If we're required to have at least 30 semester units only from a CCC, then why does the TAG application allow you to choose another institution (in my case, NYU) and list the courses we've taken at that institution in the Coursework section? </p>

<p>I listed all my NYU courses taken and grades received (shown as "Non-ASSIST Certified Courses"), which have been calculated into my overall GPA at the bottom:</p>

<p>Coursework Summary
GPA: Units:
ASSIST Certified Courses: 3.93 29.00
Non-ASSIST Certified Courses: 3.62 16.00
Overall: 3.78 45.00</p>

<p>Doesn't this mean that, as long as the NYU courses are UC-transferable (which I'm pretty certain at least one of my classes will be), they will count toward the 30-unit minimum?</p>

<p>Maybe I'm over-analyzing this haha...</p>

<p>hi. I got a question. For UC-transferable Math course. Does it mean you have to complete all the pre-requisite math courses or just "one" UC transferable math course? thanks.</p>

<p>@ Churroke - Just one, however, certain majors may require additional math courses and/or pre-major work to be completed.</p>