UMCP Engineering BS degree

<p>I'm a first year Computer Science/Mechanical Engineering double degree student. UMCP has a rigorous ME program, but it's ranked low compared to U of I, GaTech, and Berkeley. So, this leads to the question how lucrative is a UMCP ME degree in respect to the other schools? </p>

<p>I know some students give up attending GaTech to attend UMCP for undergrad. Is it worth it?
(#5> #22 that's 17 spots!, according to US Today)</p>

<p>Is worth transferring to one of the other schools - U of I, GaTech, and Berkeley - because of the higher ranking?</p>

<p>I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Rankings do not matter.
Go where you're happy. If you're unhappy at Maryland, transfer.
Show initiative, and you'll succeed. In my opinion, just being close to DC is an enormous advantage. UMD is one of the most recruited schools in the nation for jobs, and there are tons of opportunities in DC for engineering jobs. That's actually one of the things that attracted me to UMD in the first place.</p>

<p>College is what you make of it. There are tons of opportunities at UMCP, and it has one of the top engineering programs. Why dont' you visit schools first, they can really make an impression on you</p>