UNC questions !!

<p>Hey everyone,
I got waitlisted at unc and am looking to see what other people are thinking about doing with their acceptance/waitlist. I only applied to UNC although it seems like a lot of people on this site applied to many colleges. It looks like UNC is a back up for a lot of people also. One post on this site also said that they predicted about 170 people to be taken off the wait list (i dont know the source of that stat, even though i would like to know if it actually was legit). </p>

<p>Any info/feedback on UNC status?
Are my generalizations about people probably attending one of their other transfer choices true?</p>


<p>comon people, you know you want to reply to my post hah</p>

<p>well, i got in and i probably won't go. so there's a space for you. good luck</p>

<p>I was also accepted, and I am undecided. If I get into any of my top 3 choices: UVA, Michigan, or Penn, then I'm not going to UNC. If I do not get accepted by any of those schools, then I'm deciding between UNC, WashU, and NYU. I'm undecided between those three at the moment... One of my problems with UNC is if I go there, I want to apply to Kenan Flagler, and I'd have to wait a semester to do that. So if I'd get accepted to KF, I'd have to stay an extra semester (which actually has its advantages and disadvantages).</p>

<p>do you hear from all of your other schools before May 13th?</p>

<p>If not, are you sending in a deposit for UNC?</p>

<p>I most likely will not be attending UNC, but instead NYU Stern or UPenn Wharton (if accepted, I doubt it though). I'm not completely sure, though, because there are many things I like about both UNC and NYU, but am definately leaning towards NYU (I like the idea of not having to apply to the business school, as admission is not guaranteed. I don't want to go to UNC and end up not getting into the business school, when I have already been accepted to NYU's business school).</p>

<p>I hear from UVA by Friday and from Michigan by Saturday.</p>

<p>I think Penn is mid-May. The bigger problem than the UNC deposit is that my WashU and NYU deposits are both due May 2.</p>

<p>If you are between UNC and NYU (if you want my advice) NYU would be the better choice. If i weren’t an in state student, i probably would not have applied to UNC. i am currently at George Washington and the city has so much more to offer you than chapel hill (believe me i would know). The bad part about the city is the expenses. GW and NYU are the 2 most expensive schools, or close to it. My biggest reason of wanting to transfer to UNC is that i feel like i am wasting my money in the city going to here for as an undergrad. If its between NYC and UNC for you, the city has MUCH more to offer you, if you are willing to pay the price.</p>

<p>I will not be attending UNC as well so there's another spot.</p>

<p>i'm still awaiting decisions from other schools. if i don't get into my top 2 choices, then i'm headed for unc-ch.</p>

<p>Hey guys..I got into UNC..and probably won't be attending. However, I still haven't heard back from NYU..Penn and Barnard. I see that a lot of you have already been accepted to NYU. When did you guys find out?</p>