undergrad colleges

<p>when applying to usc, do you have to apply to a specific undergrad college?</p>

<p>if so, if i am in the college of arts and sciences, am i allowed to major in something outside that college, such as a type of engineering?</p>

<p>You apply to CAS or one of the professional schools and get one of their majors</p>

<p>When you choose your major, you are automatically applying to the college (CAS) or one of USC's professional schools. If you choose Chemical Engineering as your first choice declared major, then you'll be applying to the Viterbi School of Engineering. If you're declared major is Business Administration, you'll be applying to the Marshall School of Business, etc.</p>

<p>does this occur when applying as a freshmen? or does this happen after your second year when you choose your actual major?</p>

<p>You can apply to the actual major as a freshmen. If you come in undecided or decide you want to switch majors, you can apply later as well.</p>

<p>so if you come in undecided, you can potentially go into any major?</p>

<p>Yes, but you can technically go from ANY major to any other major. Being undecided won't give you any upper hand for admittance to a program compared to someone who is trying to switch majors (unless they're already in the school, then they might get preference).</p>